• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another Fordson project in 1/16th scale

Started by Chuck Doan, September 21, 2021, 08:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Still crawling along. Slowly adding the detail to this side of the tractor. Spark plug wires are made from annealed brass wire.

For the manifold I first used Krylon grey primer shot in short bursts from about 12-18" away to create the texture. An old trick. Then Tamiya brown primer and then light aps of burnt Sienna oils, pigments and then wet Prismacolor Premier pencil dits. Worked with a wet wood toothpick. Kind of subjective, but very editable.

Draw1 a 20.jpg
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Stuart

Convincing to say the least.  Realism to the minutest degree.

Stuart

Peter_T1958

Hi Chuck
Often the little things make the difference! And again, it looks just fabulous. But what I appreciate most is that you are sharing with us how to achieve such an effect. Thanks a lot !
Cheers, Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

Bill Gill

Chuck, Very happy to see your post!
Sometimes I think you must've lived (or at least played) in a scrapyard. Your ability to capture corrosion, grime, wear & tear are instinctive.

Bernhard

Unbelievable! You can only tell that it really is a model because the tank and radiator are too new.

Bernhard

finescalerr

I have decided to ask Chuck to build my next model(s). -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on June 30, 2024, 01:44:30 PMI have decided to ask Chuck to build my next model(s). -- Russ

Will you live long enough to see it finished ? Better make it a small one .

Hauk

Quote from: Chuck Doan on June 29, 2024, 05:27:06 PMStill crawling along. Slowly adding the detail to this side of the tractor. Spark plug wires are made from annealed brass wire.

Starting to get the hang of it, young Charles!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Barney

A few shots of one I had in the Oven earlier ! How was the colouring of the magneto achieved that sort of flat aluminium
Superb workmanship it keeps me going
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Les Tindall

Superb, absolutely brilliant work Chuck, as always.

nk

That is a nice looking manifold. Thanks for sharing your step-by-steps Chuck.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

TRAINS1941

Nice pictures Chuck but where are the pictures of the model your doing????  ;)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World