• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

making a 1/35 scale tree

Started by Belg, March 19, 2009, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belg

??? Guys, I'm looking for some ideas on how to make large trees like chestnuts, oak, or elms. I need it to be about 10 or 12 inches at least to go with a diorama my dad is working on. I know about the armorama wire method but it really did not give me the results I was looking for, following all the directions and size and amounts of wire wound up with a tree only about6" tall very labor intense, which I don't mind for good results. Thanks for any help, Pat

marc_reusser

Pat,

What was the problem using the wire?

There's a guy named  Marc Theilkaes that has made some very nice trees in this scale...I found some pics of his trees and material he used, but can't find the SBS.

....looks like he used the "S&S Scenery Products" foliage

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lucas gargoloff

Nice tree Marc!! you always have an ace under the sleeve!! Always glad to learn something from you and many people here.
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

Belg

Franck, thanks alot for the link to Gilbert's web pages I have been there many times and enjoy his site alot. I totally forgot about his tree how to it looks very labor intensive as well as kind of unforgiving, once you solder the limbs I think it would be alot harder to move them without cracking.

I'm not ignoring Marc guys he and I are also talking over on the Mig forum, which seems to be having some difficulties today.

Here are a few pics of what I'm working on. I think the large 1/35 scale tree might get replaced with a total wire tree like the HO version.
Both are in the rough form only and have been covered with the first coat of grout for creating texture. Pat