• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A tale of two gondolas

Started by John McGuyer, January 17, 2009, 04:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John McGuyer

Thank you very much guys.

Randy, the nails are .032" brass rod that I stuck in holes. Only the top shows so no need to create heads. It sure was a bunch of holes to drill with a pin vise.

!cnU; I'm trying to learn how to paint. In the past I did all those crazy pearl, candy metalflake things on my RC cars. Somehow I don't think they would work on a train.

Jacq, I don't know if they are museum quality, but they sure are dirtier than museum models.

John

Scratchman

John, Nice work on the gondolas I like seeing this large scale stuff and have been enjoying this thread.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

marc_reusser

John,

Very nicely done. The brasswork is superb (makes one feel quite inadequate). Thanks for the SBS. A lot of really good info.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

John McGuyer

I hope my efforts in metalwork can contribute even a small percentage to your efforts as your painting and weathering techniques have contributed to mine.

John

Jerry Barnes

John McGuyer

Thought you might find this interesting. This is the front of the two gondolas in this thread on Del Oro Pacific during the Big Train Show in Ontario this past weekend. They were pulled by the K27 in a previous thread. Over the weekend, both gondolas and the engine got about 4 hours of actual running time during show conditions, on a very rough track, without so much as a hitch from any of them. It just goes to prove that despite what a lot of people who don't want to build will tell you, super detailed models CAN run reliably under difficult conditions. And yes, all the parts are still attached.

John