• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Weathering Technique Videos

Started by marc_reusser, February 08, 2010, 02:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I found these by accident on You Tube.....I have only partially looked at one, so I can't speak to their content/quality, but they look like they cover he subject, or at least offer a visual example of some of the methds bandied about here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScaleModelMedic

Disclaimer:  I have no idea who the person is, or how he is presenting the subjects/techniques, and I do not necessarily agree with or endorse his approach.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

LeOn3

I have a question on this. Is the "hairspray" technique simular for the effects like the "salt" technique? I know these are two different approaches but will it also have two different effects?
I've tried the salt technique lately on a bachmann railtruck. Sorry for the bad picture.

Leon

marc_reusser

Leon,

No the hairspray technique and salt technique yield two completely different results/effects.....however the two techniques can be used in combination with each other to get a mixture of effects (it also gives the hairspray an easier start)..

Michael Fitchenmeyer used a combination of the techniques on this build (painting/chipping is shown about 1/2 way down the page.)
http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/in-progress-%c2%bb-bergeluther-%c2%bb-mods-and-painting-part-1/

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works