• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Transfer Station Rusty Stumps kit

Started by mabloodhound, February 09, 2010, 12:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabloodhound

I finished this kit last night after working on it, on and off, for two months.   It is a laser kit but has some of the qualities of a craftsman kit.
Walt, of Rusty Stumps did a good job of laser cutting the parts and writing up detailed plans and instructions.   It was packed very well and includes a number of detail freight pieces, wood crates and an outhouse.
I modified the build to suit my layout plans for 1920 New England.   I also had a chance to use the real wood cedar shingles from RSSM.   They were somewhat fragile but resulted in a prototypical look.
The station is named for my grandfather who was in the business of picking up raw milk from the farms of Western Mass. and delivering them to the dairy in the city for processing.   As such, he was a transfer agent.

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

marc_reusser

Interesiting to see one of these...... I remeber looking at the SU-drawings when Walt was developing this....first time I have seen an actual finished model.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

Impressive!
Looks like Walt has done a good job, and your building is great.
I could see a lot of places where one of these would fit.
Just a little weathering and it would be even better!
-Marty

mabloodhound

Thanks guys,
It is a nice kit and easily modified.   Weathering, yes.   I need to pickup some chalks or Bragdons to get that done.   I just seem to want to finish a build and then set it aside for weathering later on.
Maybe time will weather it? LOL
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower