• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Micro-Mark vs NWSL tools

Started by Marc988, February 24, 2010, 07:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc988

Hi all,

while looking through the Micro-Mark website I noticed Micro-Mark sell very similar tools as the NWSL-tools but under aa different name and at a different price.

Could anyone comment on the difference in e.g. quality etc ?

Thanks in advance,
Marc B

Chuck Doan

I have seen several threads on this, but they mosly concentrate on the ripoff aspect. Micro Mark claims NWSL was unable to supply quality goods so they went to China. Hmmm. I have'nt seen any comment on the quality though.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mabloodhound

The president of Micro mark actually responded in one thread and said it wasn't the quality, but the availability.  He said that NWSL had changed hands and wasn't going to be able to supply the items.   MM then made the business decision to have their own made and after doing so, NWSL then offered to supply the items.   MM felt that after their investment it was too late and decided to stick with their own brand.
I think that was the story as I recall.  Quality?   Micro Mark does stand behind the products they sell.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Marc988

The quality was just an example as a possible difference between the 2 brands since the price difference is imho relatively high.

But if with the explained reason I have no reservations on buying the Micro-Mark.

Thanks for the explenation.

Regards,
Marc B