• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:20:3 Ford Truck Conversions

Started by Richard Schmitt, June 05, 2010, 05:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Schmitt

Hi Gang,

Thanks Unc Russ for the invite. It's a great forum with a lot of great modelers. Let me introduce myself. My name is Richard Schmitt and I am one of the founding members of the Sundance Central Modular Railroad. Our layout which is 1:20.3 scale narrow gauge has been shown at several National Narrow Gauge Conventions. At the 2008 Portland, OR convention it received first place for modular layout category and it also received best of show (first time for a modular layout at a NNGC). We are presently adding to the layout which will be at the 30th NNGC in St. Louis this September.

My good friend and train buddy Gary Nichols ask if I would post some photos of a Solido model I kitbashed several years ago for the layout. It started life as a 1936 Ford pickup truck that was kitbased into a Model 52 Stake bed truck. I also kitbashed a Grabriel 1:20, 1912 Model T Depot Hack into a Model TT Stake Bed truck.
Since I'm not familar with the limit size for posting photos I'll post the photos in the next reply.

Richard

Richard Schmitt

Richard