• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

OOB? (Improvised Modeling)

Started by marc_reusser, March 25, 2007, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Had a few minutes to model this evening, so I finished thecorrugated roofing.

I took a somewhat interpretative approach to the finish, and did it more overall rusty finish than actual roofing might be, but I needed it to act as an 'accent' color/finish on the base.

The paper was brush painted with Floqiuil "Roof Brown". After the surface appeared dry, I used a pin to poke nail/fastening holes and randomly brushed the pieces with various Bragdon's rust and black colored powders. The high points/ridges were then lightly rubbed with a soft cotton rag.

...and a detail view.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Well...I am not sure how I feel about the finish on it....but for now it will have to do. Time is fleeting.....

There is a good bit of wood graining...it just doesn't tend to show in the photos.

Marc

M-Works

marc_reusser

Having some time today, I decided to haul this project out of the drawer.

All he scrap/rubble/corrugated pieces that were previously made, were added to the base, and fixed with Diluted matte medium. Once dry everything was given a dusting of MIG "Brick Dust" and "Concrete" pigments, which where needed were held in place with MIG Pigment fixer.

The photos were taken hand held outside in natural sunlight....so sorry for the harsh contrast and slight unsharpness.
(I will reshoot them with tri-pod and proper lighting when I get a chance).

M-Works

marc_reusser

Here's another view of the overall base.....It will eventually sit in a black frame.

M

M-Works

teejay99

Hell , I'd give you first prize just from reading the thread . Ingenius !

Terry
Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

marc_reusser

M-Works