• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:16 scale Alutman Taylor Water Wagon

Started by Scratchman, June 30, 2024, 12:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchman

1:16 scale...Aultman -Taylor Water Wagon

Gordon Birrell

Scratchman

The wagon that I got my photos and measurements is at the Richard Erickson Museum.
in wallsburg, UT.
Tank... 6'0" long X 3'0" wide X 2'2" deep.
Wheels... Fr. 12 spokes 2'4" Dia. Back  14 spokes 2'8" Dia. Both wheels have 4" wide tire.
Here's six photos of the wagon

Gordon Birrell

finescalerr

If that will be your next project, I'll leave my computer on until you finish it. -- Russ

Scratchman

For the tank core I split a 6 inch long 2 ¼ inch outside-diameter. Plastruct TB225 round tubing. To the cut tubing I added a 6 inch x 2 ¼ inch X ¾ inch block of basswood. On the ends I added 0.060 inch thick styrene sheet.
Here's a photo of the jig I made for holding the tube and guiding my cut.

Gordon Birrell

Barney

Very nice  - an unusual prototype just keep it coming its a great inspiration
Barney 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Stuart

Gordon - just the other day I was perusing some of my old Finescale Railroader issues and found myself pausing to review many of your masterful model creations. You are an amazing craftsman with dozens of finely detailed projects worthy of display at any top rated museum. This new project looks to be another great build. I'll be excited to see the end result.

finescalerr

Gordon, Stuart finally said what thousands of readers should have said years ago. Maybe they were just shy .... -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

I'm thrilled once again to see you starting on a new project!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World