• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Disassembling a watch?

Started by Ray Dunakin, May 24, 2010, 10:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Younger

When will the wrenches be available on your website for ordering?
-Younger
-Younger

Malachi Constant

Both sizes of the wrench/tool sets are listed on the web site ... ordered some that way last night:

http://www.vectorcut.com/accessoriesO.htm

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

If any of you other characters is offering items as superior as DaKra and Professor Hamilton, please let us know about them. This forum isn't an advertising vehicle but, at the same time, if something is worth buying and not well advertised, we should know about it. -- Russ

jacq01

Dave,

the nbw and gear sheets arived in good order and already used with good results.
  Ordered the hand tools, they arrived just at the right moment.

jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Younger

Got them ordered, thanks!
-Younger
-Younger

danpickard

Dave...you're insane!!!

My little parcel arrived today all in good shape.

I thought I might pull out the optivisor just to check the detail, and am suitably impressed that you have been able to half etch the tool names into the recessed pit in the handles of things like the wrenches and spanners.  The fact that the whole handle is only about 0.5mm wide, to the have the accuracy to cut a groove into the middle of that, and then still leave text markings is...insane :o :o :o 

Hats off to you mate for some incredible laser work.  Hardest part will be deciding where to leave a micro set of pliers laying on a scene for a viewer to find ;D

Superb product, well done.

Cheers,
Dan

DaKra

Thanks ... I guess.  :D

I'm glad you scrutinized and got a kick out of what you found.  I wish I could take credit for the little details but, honestly, the tool does that.   I just follow the directions in the instruction manual.  (It can actually go a little finer ... but I optimize for production work.)

Here's a guy who works in 1/1000 scale, makes my stuff look big.   Sanity... its relative.