• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Steam Planing Mill

Started by NORCALLOGGER, January 28, 2011, 04:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORCALLOGGER

Hi all,
Spent Thursday morning up at the Phillips Brothers Steam sawmill.  They were running a bunch of Pine and Cedar through the planing mill that was loaded out and sent on its way to become parts of a high end custom home in Lake Tahoe, CA. 

My Brother-in-Law spent the morning filming and put together this YouTube clip, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for taking a look.
Rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-5GCkV_TU

Mobilgas

Rick,      Outstanding job on the video ;D ;D       Craig
Craig

Ken Hamilton

Here I was expecting a simple home video like most of us would've shot.
That's a professional piece of work.
Thanks for the link, Rick.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

EZnKY

Poetry in motion, and wonderfully shot.
Thanks for this!
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Philip Smith

Frederic Testard

This is a great movie. Watched full screen in 1080p HD, it is exceptionnal.
Frederic Testard

TRAINS1941

Rick

Outstanding movie.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

danpickard

A great follow up to the previous effort Rick.  Pass on a pat on the back to your brother-in-law for us.  Very nice camera work, tells a great little tale of the build up to the days work.  Just need to smell the steam to make it better.  It also shows how different the day is compared to an electric based operation...no such thing as switch on and go, but rather a more bonding experience nursing the machinery to life in the morning.  Another one for the favourites list.

Good stuff, cheers,
Dan