• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:32 Preview

Started by james_coldicott, July 28, 2010, 12:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james_coldicott

Hi Guys,

hopefully Russ won't mind me giving you a preview of some of my new 1:32 (3/8" = 1'0" models here.

Still working on the website but should go live tomorrow as long as I can get a couple of hours at the computer tonight. I'll post the website when it is up and running.

Plan is to produce kits for locomotives, rolling stock, figures, structures and scratchbuilding supplies all in 1:32 up to 2 foot gauge. So just for you guys here is a pic of my first figure based on George Batty of the Sand Hutton Light Railway and the ad artwork for my first structure- an engine shed kit.

...more to follow...

James

james_coldicott

Shed pic...

james_coldicott

Finally- here is the ad that will be out in the UK next month- hopefully you can all see what the kit features are.

As usual comments/ suggestions etc welcome

James

Chuck Doan

Looks nice, James! Are you the first to offer real glass windows in a kit? I have never heard of that before.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

james_coldicott

Chuck,

thanks! Re. the glass windows- I hope I am the first. Since discovering microscope cover glass I'll never go back- as you know once you've learned to cut it there is no more work than using plastic and much better results. In fact I'll have to look at adding the glass and TCT scribers to the scratchbuilding section when I get it going.

James

TRAINS1941

Looks great, James.  Best of luck with this an your other products.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

eTraxx

Quote from: james_coldicott on July 28, 2010, 12:46:34 PM
Hi Guys,

.... So just for you guys here is a pic of my first figure based on George Batty of the Sand Hutton Light Railway ....

James
That is a fine looking figure. Excellent work.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

RoughboyModelworks

Looks great James, glad to see you taking the plunge... best of luck with the kit. I'm interested to know how it goes for you. This could be the year for craftsman kits. I'm working on an updated limited re-release of our Clyde's Place 1:48 structure kit from 1995 to come out this fall in time for the christmas shopping season... ;) I'm sure Russ will think I'm nuts, but... I know I'm nuts, so no worries there. Craftsman kits, parts and components will indeed go the route of the dodo bird unless people like us and others on the forum don't step up to do something about it.

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Wow, great stuff! Really beautiful work on that figure.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

james_coldicott

Thanks all for the comments.

I agree with you Paul that it seems contra-indicated in todays market come out with craftsman kits. I'm hoping to vary the range- next structure is a water tank on brick pillars- one piece tank, 2 pillars and filling hose- much simpler. Rolling stock will be very easy to constuct/ ready to run and I'll offer prepainted and/or weathered as an option. Loco's same and I'm looking into diecast for the loco's but that is a big gamble for much later if the scale/ gauge takes off a bit more than is historically the case. Will definitely let you know how the shed goes- if you want to contact me off forum feel free. Have decided to stick with this for a while and see how the market stands in different areas so will offer a spread of products and see how it goes.

Good luck with the Clyde's Place kit, Paul. I really hope it is a success for you. Lets see how we get on!

James

Malachi Constant

James --

Looks like you're off to a good start!  Please let us know as the items become available on your web site.

Thanks!
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Fred H.

We need to have a 1:32 summit. I remain absolutely convinced that this is the BEST scale for both indoors and garden.

Oh, and BTW, I think we should collaborate on a 1:32 Shay. I suggest something from the Gilpin Tram. Any of the five will do! (Although No. 1 and No. 2 may be better choices because of their diminutive size.)

No. 1:

No. 2:

No. 3:

No. 4:

No. 5:

james_coldicott

Fred,

...great minds think alike! Was already planning Gilpin Shay 1 for the range after doing this painting of it last year.

Also would like to do one of the Arizona Copper Company 0-4-4 Porters if things take off.

James

marklayton

James -

Aw-right!!!  Finally a realistic person and a kit for my chosen scale of 1:32.  I'm looking forward to seeing your website.

Mark Layton
He who dies with the most tools wins.

lab-dad

That figure would look good next to my 1:32 Corliss (If I ever grow the onions to disassemble it and paint it!)
Any other "dudes" planned in the scale?

p.s.
Good thing you started this while Marc is away!

-Marty