• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Wonderful New Fish Kit by Michael Fichtenmayer

Started by marc_reusser, August 24, 2010, 01:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 16, 2010, 05:35:35 PM
I was sitting in the thinking room when.... BAM! ....it hit me like a ton of bricks!...I have (IMO) an absolutely stellar idea of how to build this model.....though it will mean cutting the hell out the poor kit (I can feel Michael cringe), and tons of scratchbuilding.....but I am pretty sure it is not something someone else will come up with...or if they do, would want to undertake. Yes, it will make for a very laborius, frustrating and long project....but I think it would be most cool!

...and no...I'm not telling, otherwise someone who builds faster than me (which is pretty much everyone except maybe Chuck) will steal my thunder...yes, that's right, I'm shelfish

Marc

So our children's children can look forward to seeing the finished diorama .

Go on , give us a clue . We promise we won't copy you ,

Nick

finescalerr

marc_reusser

Nick,

No Dio...this would be a "stand-alone"...and the most I can say, is that it would be kind of an extreme extrapolation of one of my earlier posted ideas.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

danpickard

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 17, 2010, 03:06:44 AM
Nick,

No Dio...this would be a "stand-alone"...and the most I can say, is that it would be kind of an extreme extrapolation of one of my earlier posted ideas.

M

Oh well , I'm none the wiser . I guess we'll just have to wait .

I still favour some sort of shadow box . Mainly because I haven't done one yet .

Nick

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

FichtenFoo

Chicks dig giant robots.

Malachi Constant

Hmm ... so the fish, the torpedo loader, jack-the-ripper and assorted characters all get swept into the fisherman's net ... hauled to cannery row ... and packed neatly into the tin can that Marc will build and load with all these details and display with the top partially pulled back ...

Will the bits be packed in oil, water, mustard ... or, dare I say, chicken fat?

-- Constant Malarky
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Quote from: Malachi Constant on September 17, 2010, 12:45:29 PM
Hmm ... so the fish, the torpedo loader, jack-the-ripper and assorted characters all get swept into the fisherman's net ... hauled to cannery row ... and packed neatly into the tin can that Marc will build and load with all these details and display with the top partially pulled back ...

Will the bits be packed in oil, water, mustard ... or, dare I say, chicken fat?

-- Constant Malarky

THAT is a totally cool idea....but way out of my skill and talent league........that level of work falls to the like of Marijn Van Gils.

(for those unfamiliar with his work, you can check out some links to his beautiful figure sculpts and mini scenes here are a few examples.

This one is one of my all time favorites of his....and its only a 54mm figure.

..and a personal soap-box note/rant....this model won Best of Show at Euro-Militaire in 2008....compare the craftsmanship, skill and creativity of this build, to the P.o.S. lasercut sawmill that won best of show at the current NNGC.

Marc

M-Works

marc_reusser

QuoteOh well , I'm none the wiser . I guess we'll just have to wait .

Geez...if you're gonna whine about it... ;)...fine here is the "general concept", of course it would all be done in riveted steel and copper girders, gussets, etc.

M

M-Works

FichtenFoo

That'll be fun. I was going to say exploded view earlier, but did not. Will you be doing 3D printing for this?
Chicks dig giant robots.

danpickard

finescalerr

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 17, 2010, 04:11:04 PM
QuoteOh well , I'm none the wiser . I guess we'll just have to wait .

Geez...if you're gonna whine about it... ;)...fine here is the "general concept", of course it would all be done in riveted steel and copper girders, gussets, etc.

M

Ha Ha , I knew with a bit of pressure we would make him crack and spill the beans . Thanks .

You have no worries from me about copying your ideas . Way to masochistic for my taste . But , obviously , right up your street .

Nick

Philip Smith

What a fish...........
I happen to agree with this forum ranter. How da hell............

This awesome fish is something that needs to be accompanied buy the steampunk deep sea diver, on a dock  perhaps as mentioned earlier. The whistle totally blew me away! Deep sea whistle?  I'm wondering if it is the same scale ? Or would it matter..............

Philip   MTF   "maintain the fish" ;D