• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

small threaded item supplier

Started by JohnP, August 28, 2010, 06:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I need small threaded stuff for my bridge model. I will need 1-72 hex bolts and nuts and 1-72 size turnbuckles. Or it doesn't need to be threaded, just a cast detail part would be fine. The nuts would have to slide over rod.

What is your favorite supplier?

And what about metric brass wire in the US? I need something around .074" and it seems 2mm would be great.

Thanks, John
John Palecki

Noel Crawford

John;
Try Micro Fasteners. They have a very large range of products. From 0-90 and up. As far as metric brass rod I think a search of metal suppliers may turn up something.
Noel

RoughboyModelworks

John:

Check out this thread from a couple of years ago... some links there as well. J L Morris Co. is my favourite for miniature fasteners. Excellent range of fasteners (metric as well), taps, dies and so forth. They're not cheap but the quality is very good.

Paul

JohnP

Gee this is way better than Google! (oops sorry Russ ::) Thanks for the ideas fellers.

I forgot about smallparts.com which was in that old post. That is a neat company I have dealt with before. They have steel wire I can use. The other suppliers look good too.

John
John Palecki