• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Gn15 Shop Critter

Started by Ken Hamilton, September 26, 2010, 09:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

I started a new thread for this for no apparent reason other than it's finished.
The front end got a grill guard, gas filler and cap on the cowl & a shiny grill shell ornament.

The back end got a seat guard & chain, more cab details and an exhaust system.

Here's a better look at the cab....

....and a profile.

I had some time yesterday afternoon and took some outsite shots
of the Critter on the Stacker Diorama base.....

Gotta love natural light.

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Franck Tavernier

Great Job Ken, I like the chip paint effect !

Franck

RoughboyModelworks

Looks great Ken... especially on the lumber stacker diorama. Love the little details like the keys in the ignition, duct tape on the seat, newspapers in the cab and the just slightly over the top hood ornament... ;D

Paul

Scratchman

Nice job Ken. A lot of great detail. I like the vents on the doors.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. If you're up to it I would love to publish the heck out of it. After the lumber carrier, of course. Or maybe before. -- Russ

BKLN

I like the simplicity of the diorama. It really let's you focus on the great detail the models. It is very easy to visually overload a diorama, but this has great balance. Very nice!

Ray Dunakin

Holy moly, that is awesome! What a terrific little model!

I like the rusty/burnt/grimy effect on the engine.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Wow!  What everyone else said ... all those wonderful little details ... the beautifully "crappy" finish ... all the construction choices ... so nice!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

lab-dad

THEY KEYS, THE DUCT TAPE, THE PAPERS UNDER THE DASH!
JUST BITCHIN'
am I allowed to say that here Unc?

TRAINS1941

Ken

That is just "AWESOME" love the keys!!!  Can't wait to see this in person.  Marty you can say anything you want ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

I like it! It was interesting that the motor bulge was disappearing as you added more details. I was kind of expecting some pizza cheese though.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Don Railton

Super Job!  I like the set of keys.  It's those details that really count.

Don

Ray Dunakin

How did you do the keys? Are they photoetched, laser-cut, or something else?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Ken -- I keep coming back for another look and still can't put the words together better than "wow" and "holy crap" ... nevertheless ...

Ray -- Detail Master makes a variety of photo-etch parts for the 1/24 and 1/25 car guys:
http://www.detailmaster.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=detailmaster&Category_Code=DM-PhotoEtchedParts

(Or DetailMaster.com and click the photoetch section)

I have one set that includes keys, a pine tree air freshener, CD's, audio cassette, peace sign key fob, etc, etc. ... heckuva lot of neat stuff available in that scale.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

gnichols

Again, nice job Ken-ster.  It's a shame Bman just doesn't start a line of Gn15 trains and save us all the trouble of tearing up their On30 stuff.  Gary