• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Finished Lumber Stacker Diorama

Started by Ken Hamilton, October 04, 2010, 01:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

These are quick shots taken just before going to the NMRA-MER Convention this past weekend.
I'll try to get some outdoor shots in natural light ASAP.

The Gn15 Critter beat the Stacker for Best in Show by ONE POINT.  Seems that one of
the judges noticed a 12-Volt battery on what was a 6-Volt motor:

That's why I LOVE contest building!
(PS: Had I mentioned in the write-up that the motor had been converted to 12-V, I'da been covered)
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

danpickard

Ken,
did those timber stacks get a close third?  ;D

Well done on a well earned award.  The fact that you actually wired in the battery should have been enough!  Did you get many photos from the rest of the show as well?

Cheers,
Dan

finescalerr

Malachi Constant

Ken --

Outstanding!  Look forward to the additional photos when they come ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

chester

Congratulations on a magnificent build Ken.

TRAINS1941

Quote from: Ken Hamilton on October 04, 2010, 01:44:54 PM
These are quick shots taken just before going to the NMRA-MER Convention this past weekend.
I'll try to get some outdoor shots in natural light ASAP.

You'll have to move out of state to get those pictures Ken!!! ;D

Really a great job glad to hear you won.  Looking forward to seeing this at CSS2010.  I'm sure it will be a winner there also.

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Did the judges have a voltage meter to prove their theory? ;)
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

JohnP

OK so where's this critter? I wanna see what could be better by one measly point.

A magnificent and visually spectacular model it is. Well done. Are you going to display this in a clear case somehow?

John
John Palecki

Ken Hamilton

John:
Pics are a few pegs down in the "Modelers at Work" category under "Gn15 Shop Critter".

Don't know where the stacker will end up being stored yet.  I'll probably put the models
in the display case & pack away the base until the diorama is shown again somewhere.
The next stop for it is CSS-10 in November.

Thanks for all the comments..........
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

BKLN

Beautiful! I am curious to see the whole thing with the tool shed and all.

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. And I sent you a personal e-mail. -- Russ

JohnP

Dear me so if I was paying attention I would have recalled the critter was yours also. So you beat out yourself. That's what I get for posting at work, <alt/tab>ing between screens while looking behind me constantly. :P

John
John Palecki

gnichols

Super nice job.... I bet you could have also won something in these categories, too:

- Tallest scene category (proportional)

- The most expensive piles of neatly stacked scale wood, ever (air dried category)

- The most off-beat diorama / scene idea, ever (we never expected this department)

I hope to get to see it in person some day.  Very clever and well done, Gary