• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New guy from Texas

Started by W C Greene, October 20, 2010, 04:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W C Greene

Howdy, I'm Woodie Greene and I am a narrow gauge addict! With that out of the way, let me send a photo from the Mogollon Railway. This is called "Something is about to happen".
miles to go before I sleep...

Chuck Doan

Welcome! I look forward to seeing more!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

W C Greene

And just one more which shows what goes on in downtown Mogollon at the Gila Hotel.

NORCALLOGGER

Hey WC,
Great pictures.  I think I stopped at that hotel one time.
What scale are you working in? HO?

Welcome and more pictures of your layout please
Rick

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard! Nice pics, what scale are you modeling? Tell us more about your RR.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hector Bell

Hey, welcome, Woodie.  Great to see you here.  How's tricks in 32nd land.

Everybody, if you ever wanted to try micro R/C, Woodie's your man.

This is a guy who does it HIS way, for sure.

Martin

lucas gargoloff

Good to see you here bud!! Welcome!
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

Malachi Constant

Woodie --

Welcome aboard!  I always get a kick out of your Mogollon Ry, and now I can find it at my local dealer.  ;D

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

W C Greene

Thanks guys, I see some familiar names here. The Mogolon Railway is 1:35 scale, 2 foot gauge. I use On30 loco mechanisms, trucks, etc.  which have been "upscaled" to suit. 1:35 is a great scale since there is so much available..not at the train shop, but at the military section in any hobby shop. And as someone mentioned, the Mogollon Railway is "unwired"...all locos have onboard batteries and radio control. I have been in model railroading for 50 years and that one thing has given me more fun than anything else, it's a shame that r/c is not even considered by the "big name" manufacturers. If anyone here is interested, I can tell you where to find more info than you can stand!
I will send more photos, hopefully good enough to pass muster. I prefer to send different pix to different sites, I hate seeing the same stuff on every site.
                   Woodie

Carlo

Hello, Woody,
I would be interested in some info on "micro-sized R/C" stuff.
Carlo

JohnP

Hi Woodie,

Dear me someone else with more new bright ideas. Combining model railroads and a military scale, very splendid concept. And the micro RC is interesting- I am just now starting to dabble in 1:48 standard gauge shortline ideas and I bet that would work in O-scale.

John
John Palecki

W C Greene

Howdy John. I didn't "discover" using 1:35 scale for my trains, over the years I have seen beautiful models done in 1:32 scale, mostly 2 footers. Since 1:32 is 3/8" to the foot..3/4" gauge (On3) is exact for modeling a 2 footer. I was into On30 for years and suddenly realized that I could actually have my "2 footer" if I simply moved to a larger scale. In 1:35 scale, 16.5MM gauge (HO, On30) is awfully close to 24" gauge, so that's the reason I chose the scale. Also, many military kits have great parts for scratchbuilding and bashing and the figures are easily modified into civillians. About the only thing "military" on my layout are the carbines and pistols that are carried by the citizens who live in the "wild west" of the 1940's. As for the r/c stuff, I have been building trains for 50 plus years and radio control is the best thing I have ever done in the hobby. I don't know if it is OK to post links to other websites here but there is one which has any ninfo you would want on the subject. I will check and see if it is OK.
                      Woodie

JohnP

Mr. Russ controls all that there is or was, so if there exists a link he determines is below acceptable level it will be dealt with swiftly and surely.

So post away and let's see what happens!

John
John Palecki

RoughboyModelworks

Welcome to the forum Woodie... looking forward to seeing more pics of your work.

Paul

darrylhuffman

Woodie,

On the tool bar on my browser have instant links to EBay, Google, Paypal, Chuck Doan and one labled "Woodie".

I have been following your outdoor layout in Texas for some time now and find it to be refreshingly different.

I can't do outdoor layouts here in Anchorage but I do like the style of your layout as it expands.

Hope you enjoy yourself here as well.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.