• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Domo Arigato, Ms Gundam

Started by gnichols, October 26, 2010, 06:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnichols

So.. you think you've seen all the armored fighting suits ever made, eh?  This is an oldie but a goodie, me thinks.  In the mid-80's when I was stationed in Japan I was always amazed at the vast number of model science fiction kits and toys.  Too bad I didn't get three of each to bring home...

So one day I had this crazy idea to build a Giesha robot and shoot it for the cover of a monthly English language mag, the Tokyo Journal, and see if I could get rich and famous.  Sort of a modern Japanese woman?  After I built this one, I got an idea to make a matching "groom" figure and do a pair of robots for the top of a wedding cake, or something like that.  But the TJ wasn't all that impressed.  I never did build the matching male robot, who would have had a black and white "tux" paint job and probably a top hat of some sort.

Hope you get a chuckle out of it... Gary

PS... It is for sale, at a very modest price, but only to a Gundam builder!  I can't remember the scale, or the particular suit name... something with "Bulldog" in it.  Heck of a bride!