• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Incredible Paper Ship Model (2000 hrs of work)

Started by marc_reusser, November 04, 2010, 03:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

eTraxx

Yeah. Doris is amazing. She posted on Papermodelers.com and totally blew everyone out of the water with her skill. Just amazing.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

finescalerr

Paper, huh? Pardon me while I go kill myself.

I have seen some excellent paper ship models. Hers may be the best I have seen so far or at least one of the top few. Imagine the skill it takes to shape the parts, let alone finish them!

Russ

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Junior

JohnP

Styrene makes a smoky fire. I am done with it.

This is one of the most beautiful models I have ever seen. Some people have no boundaries and see no limitations.

Thanks again for a great link.

John
John Palecki

Philip Smith

eTraxx

I followed the build on the Papermodelers.com forum .. nice lady. She's more then happy to explain how she works. It was funny .. there are modelers on the paper forums that are very good at what they do .. but .. they had the same reaction there .. shock and admiration. Note that the ship is in 1:96 ..  and while the ship is cardstock she will happily use other materials where appropriate. Check her other ships out .. up to and including the Bismark.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Stunning! And I love the tiny model ship, inside the model ship!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

RoughboyModelworks

Holy crap... :o :o That's amazing. I'm curious how she overcame some of the structural issues, such as making the hull rigid enough to withstand the stresses and pressures of the standing rigging while still keeping everything fair and true. Unbelievable job, especially given the fact that's it's in 1:96. I believe that Dr. Longridge would be impressed...

Paul

gnichols

I've been flabbered but not often gasted.  But now I'm totally flabbergasted!  Gary

finescalerr

Gary, that was a great line! Almost as good as the model itself. -- Russ

teejay99

Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

DaKra

I wonder about the East European fascination with paper models and the incredible skills and ingenuity many of them show in their work.   I suppose it might have something to do with the years of deprivation during the Communist era, when the Revell and Monogram kits we grew up with were things beyond their reach.  So they used what materials they had, like paper, to build scale models.  While over here, paper kept its kiddie toy status. 

Which just goes to show you, 1) paper is extremely versatile and 2) prosperity isn't all its cut out to be (har har)   :)

Dave