• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Paper models of sailing ships

Started by DORIS, November 16, 2010, 02:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DORIS

Hello everybody!
My name is Doris and I come from the Czech Republic. I would like to join you and show some of my finished work and progress. I build mainly paper models of ships and cars, but sometimes I make plastic models too. I started with this hobby when I was six. My favourite models are sailing ships from 17th and 18th century. My last finished paper model is HMS Victory from Shipyard manufacturer:

All photos from the process are here:
http://www.papirove-modely.cz/galerie/index.php?showimage=81551

I also finished HMS Bellona, but it was my first model such difficulty and there are a lot of mistakes.

http://www.papirove-modely.cz/galerie/index.php?showimage=33080
Now I am working on a scratchbuild of Sovereign of the seas, maybe this will be my best paper ship model when I finish it.
The view into interior of one from Sovereign´s stern cabins:

http://www.papirove-modely.cz/galerie/index.php?showimage=92468

Excuse, please, my English, I still learn this language and need to improve.
Doris

eTraxx

Doris. Welcome to the forum - looking forward to your participation in discussions here. I didn't catch it .. what scale is the Sovereign in? 1:96 like the Victory? Don't be too concerned about your English. We have members of this forum from all over the world. The modeling is what's important. If ability to speak clearly in my native tongue was important then I would be in trouble :)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

DaKra

Hi Doris

Glad to see you here, I'm amazed by what you did with flat pieces of paper. 

Dave 

RoughboyModelworks

Welcome to the forum Doris. Your work in paper is truly outstanding and an inspiration... looking forward to following your progress on the Sovereign...

Paul

Belg

Doris, I have seen your beautiful work thru some of the ship modeling forum and really look forward to seeing some of your techniques. Welcome, Pat

Chuck Doan

Welcome! Very very impressive work!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ken Hamilton

How do you say "WOW" on Czech??
Welcome to the Forum, Doris.  Podivuhodný.....!!!!

(I typed "wonderful" into an on-line Czech-English Dictionary.  I hope that's what "podivuhodný" really means)
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

teejay99

...careful , Ken , that just might be a "pickup line " and I'm not talkin' trucks .  ;D

Beautiful work , Doris . Only you know where the "lots of mistakes " are on the Bellona . Wonderful detail .

Terry
Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

finescalerr

I am very glad you have joined the forum, Doris. For one thing, it's my forum and I enjoy seeing the work of the world's best modelers. For another, I am the main paper modeler here and one of only a few in the model railroad hobby. I hope to learn some things from you. -- Russ

teejay99

I just used Google Translate for the first time , on Doris' website ....works like a charm !

T
Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

DORIS

Thank you very much for your kind welcome. It is my honor and pleasure that I can share this hobby with you. I am still learning and looking for new ways to improve my work. Gradually, I show how I build models and which technologies are used. As I wrote above, I am building now Sovereign of the Seas in scale 1:96 like Victory, which is my own project. So you can watch the progress and lots of pictures. I will try to describe it here step by step.
Otherwise I very admire your work and gorgeous models here, really great inspiration.
Regards,
Doris

Malachi Constant

Doris --

Welcome!  Thank you for joining the forum and sharing your inspiring models and techniques.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Frederic Testard

Welcome to the forum, Doris. Others have already said it, but let me add my voice and tell how beautiful and inspiring your work can be. Uncle Russ, the forum owner, is slowly convincing me of some of the best aspects of paper modelling, and your models add a lot of weight to his arguments.
Frederic Testard

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard, Doris! Your ships are amazing!

And your English is quite good. As someone with no talent for languages, I have great admiration for anyone who even tries to learn a second language.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Doris,

Welcome to the forum. The craftsmanship, skill, dedication, attention to detail and research, that you put into your models is wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to share them here. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Marc

Vítejte na fóru. Dovednost, zručnost, obětavost, smysl pro detail a výzkum, které jste do své modely je nádherný. Děkujeme, že jste si udělali čas na jejich sdílení zde. Těším se na setkání s více své práce.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works