• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Packing Shed

Started by granitechops, November 16, 2010, 02:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

granitechops

Close up of well oiled chain, No rust here
Don in sunny Devon, England

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

granitechops

Thought the clock did not look quite right to me, so took it down & added a box bit underneath, that some older clocks seem to have,
& hid the word 'Quartz' by using a line of very fine dots of ivory acrylic paint

granitechops

Found a couple of green containers of "Rubbish Slime" in a toy shop, painted one black for "landfill only",
the other is for recycling, must remove the word 'rubbish' & hope I eventually get round to fitting wheels.
So then we will have a pair of the Ubiquitous Wheelie Bins

granitechops

Been assembling a collection of bits & pieces to put in odd corners of shed.
I am leaning towards muiltiple use of this shed, after all, packing of produce cant take place at full capicity for all 12 months of the year, so in out of season it will also be used as a vehicle maintenance & overhaul shop, which would allow me to use things like these cam belts, inspired by reading Christian & Anders Junior garage threads

Mmmhh, looks like someone packed them inside out   ;D

This is 1/12 BTW, thats a small enamel paint tin in the back ground

granitechops

Collection of bits some in dirty/rusty condition, some well painted

granitechops

I have made a base to stand beside the workshop, for outside storage shed of old boxes etc
its made up by laminating cereal box card both sides of a 10mm sheet of polystyrene, yes that horrible messy stuff, but it was free.
Adding a 2nd layer of said ps & then another layer of card, forming a very light but yet strong base, then sealing the edges with more card.

Thats pegleg Karl asking Ian which cam belt he needs, the 9x or the 6x, for the forks

granitechops

Back to the stairs, in my real life, leanto garden shed I have open rafters that come in very handy to poke things up through to keep the ground clear for my wheelchair, wood, odd bits of pipe, etc. etc. are out of the way above the eyeline, but always to hand when I remember  they are there. So I thought, thats what would happen under the floor between the support beams behind the stairway in the model.
3 clusters of bits that will slide in under the floor. lightly glued so that they dont fall apart when being transported

granitechops

2 long black bits from off an old fire spark guard, a long bit of 10mm styrene tube, long so that from any underneath photo shot they look of useful size to save, could be for a deep half round rainwater gutter,
on top, short offcuts of smaller diam tube, short as they will only be seen from front edge when in place, all super glued together

granitechops

4 bits of scale lumber 3/8ths inch square, held together by pva gluing a bit of thin card to the TOP at the back

granitechops

Odd scraps of wood with interesting end profiles pva'ed together

granitechops

Partially in place, nice snug fit so they dont slide out, but removable if I want to do a scenery change

granitechops

Front 3/4 view from underneath

granitechops

view from back not normaly seeable, but I have removed the stair unit from the shed so as to get daylight through the window on it. It is far to cold to take outside to photo.

The messy infill below the stairs was not meant to be viewable when in situ

granitechops

A few boxes posed for more visual interest