• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sovereign of the seas 1637/ 1:96/ scratch build

Started by DORIS, November 17, 2010, 01:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi Little

Absolutely fantastic! It is almost too much to take in such is the sheer quantity and quality of the work you have displayed for our delectation.
I feel so humbled by your skill and dedication - you are simply an inspiration .......... and may I say it's also really good to be able to put a face to the name - WELL DONE YOU!
KBO..................... Andi.

W.P. Rayner

This is just breathtaking work... it's been a real pleasure and privilege to watch this project come to completion here on the forum and I for one, hope to have the opportunity to see more of what you come up with next.

Paul

Malachi Constant

Amazing!  Incredible!  Awe-inspiring!  Any little portion of this ship would make a fine model, but the complete ship with all the superb detail is truly superb.  Outstanding attention to every little detail ... and all of those fine little figures to bring life to the ship.  It's too much to absorb all at once ... will have to return and review the photos a little at a time to "savor" all the fine little touches.  It's almost like walking through a sculpture garden without taking the time to sit down.  Can't believe all the little individual sculptures on the model.  Wow.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Seattle Dave

I am simply speechless!  This is one of the most inspiring projects I've seen!  What a multi-talented young lady you are.  Please keep us informed about your progress and especially your next project!  I can hardly wait!
Dave VanderWal

Ray Dunakin

What marvelous work! The details and figures are fantastic! (The seagull on the flagpole is a nice touch.) And it's nice to have a face to go with the name.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Oh My God!!!!  That is most amazing ship I've ever seen.  Your skills are just unbelievable.   The details, figures, etc.  just leave one speechless.

Can only hope you come back with another project.  And hope your health keeps improving.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

Chuck Doan

I can't really add anything more to what has been said. This is an epic project. Thank you for sharing it with us!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Barney

Suburb - Fantastic - Beautiful -True Art -Inspiring - Talent beyond words and dedication Plus a WOW with a big W -Thanks for sharing this super model
with us - If you have a bit of spare time I believe St Paul's Cathedral London needs a bit of attention to the paint work in the Dome !
Thanks again for the inspiration.
Barney

michael mott

Hello Doris, I hope your health continues to improve. I just spent the last three hours going through your build of the Sovereign from start to finish.

In every age there are artists who stand out as the quintessential representative of their class. Your work deserves to be among those artists. Every now an again I feel good about something I have made, you must feel ecstatic about what you have accomplished with this beautiful model. Your dedicated attention to detail with everyday materials is remarkable. I have learned so much from looking at how you work with them.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your way of working. I also look forward to following your next project. I too appreciate seeing the person behind such artistic talent.

Michael   

Frederic Testard

Doris, I think I have forgotten to congrat you for this exceptionnal, one of a kind, work!
Frederic Testard

JohnTolcher

Hi Doris, I agree completely with all that's been said, a most magnificent work of skill and art. I hope you have good health now, best wishes.

Cheers
John
Cheers
John in Australia