• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sovereign of the seas 1637/ 1:96/ scratch build

Started by DORIS, November 17, 2010, 01:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Doris this model become absolutely wonderful
Could be presented at the naval french museum at Paris, same quality and top level modeling
I appreciated  particularly  the guns, looks so real
Hope that you'll feel better
Courage !
Welcome to Wherever You Are!

michael mott

Hello Doris, Just finished following your Sovereign from begining to now, and it is difficult typing with my jaw dropped so far it is stuck to the keyboard, your model is of the highest quality that I have ever seen of ship models in any museum including the London Science Museum, and Greenwich Museum. Thank you so much for sharing your model and methods of working. I think I will go back to just playing in the sand now.

I really don't know how to tell you that your work needs to be seen in a public place.

Sincerely Michael 

DORIS

Hello dear friends!
Thank you very much for your words! I am extremely honored to read your comments and compliments. I appreciate them a lot and I am glad to share the Sovereign´s progress with you all.
My health is better now, so I continue with work on Sovereign and soon I´ll make masts and rigging. All cannons are already finished, yesterday I completed a new and more realistic belfry. There are also several new crew members.
Enjoy the photos and wish you all a great time during the holidays
Sincerely,
Doris

finescalerr

Doris, your 1:96 paper modeling is better than many 1:48 wood or plastic models. Most satisfactory. -- Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Doris,

glad to see that your health has improved and that you continue to make staggering progress on your model.

As I have spent the last few weeks struggling with small bits in 1/35 scale I have nothing but admiration for the quality of your work , which in any scale would be brilliant but in 1/96 especially so.

Look forward to continuing up-dates
Gordon

TRAINS1941

Doris

Glad your feeling better and up an about.

Your work simply put is just amazing.  So looking forward to the masts and rigging.  That should just be spectacular.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Doris, your project continues to amaze me! So many parts!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

chester

Just echoing the sentiments of everyone else in saying your project is simply amazing work.

michael mott

Doris, I am happy to hear that your health is better. I have felt a little down on myself lately and watching you work on this spectacular model is lifting my spirits. It is truly amazing!!

Michael

Ray Dunakin

Stunning work as always!

Is that one seated figure using a toilet on the deck?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

eTraxx

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on August 04, 2011, 07:58:45 PM
Stunning work as always!
Is that one seated figure using a toilet on the deck?
@Ray .. yeah. If you look that piece of 'deck' is a planked area around the bowsprit so it's actually overhanging the water ...
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

W.P. Rayner

The British Navy euphemistically called them "seats of ease"...

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Doris, it's been a long time since your last post -- I hope you're well.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World