• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pig Bot (a model for under $1)

Started by marc_reusser, November 20, 2010, 01:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

On my way home today I needed to relieve some stress, so I thought I would stop by Michaels and see if they had the crackle stuff.....no luck...they had the ink pads, but not the paint bottles. On my way out the door, something at the register caught my eye.....and after seeing some of Jesters models...gave me an idea/inspiration to have some fun.

Here is the original item.

...after a few hours of clean up, sanding, filling, scribing a new parting line, adding some small detail, and a coat of primer.

Now lets hope the rain goes away, so I can shoot some paint over the weekend, and finish this up.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Marc, your medication seems to be wearing off. -- ssuR

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on November 20, 2010, 02:00:44 AM
Marc, your medication seems to be wearing off. -- ssuR

Unc the light is on but no one is home!!!

J
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Mobilgas

??? :-\                                                         Craig
Craig

DaKra

Looks like a design proposal for a TSA robot bomb sniffer.  ;D   Too bad "cultural sensitivity" will prevail. 

NE Brownstone

Ohhhh, I've been trying to dream up something to do with Desire's collection of Happy Meal toys and I think you're on to something there Marc.  I will watch with great anticipation.
Russ
The other, other Russ

Ken Hamilton

Marc, you forgot your helmet again, didn't you?
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

RoughboyModelworks

This is what comes of drinking other people's Scotch....  ;)

Paul

gin sot

Once Piggy got covered in primer, the nose looks almost like a pair of goggles.

How will it be propelled?  Wheels?  Tracks?  Rotors?

Ray Dunakin

LOL! What a fun little project. I look forward to seeing how you finish it off.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

artizen

I like this! A top hat, some goggles, a propeller at the back and you have a flying pig! What track gauge is it going to be?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

chester

I want some of what you're on Marc.

JohnP

Now that's putting lipstick on a pig...

John
John Palecki

JESTER

Kit-bash it and turn it into a flying pig spaceship!  :o

-

danpickard

How will it be propelled?  Wheels?  Tracks?  Rotors?

Methane  ::)

Surely by Marc actually pausing at the store to look at this seemingly useless keychain, is proof of how twisted our modelling minds can be...always picking up something to consider what else it potentially could be.  Its the same way I always get looked at funny at work, when ever I'm caught studying different pieces of medical equipment, to see how it could be utilised or bashed into something once its in my modelling room.  Not quite as weird as the pig...but you get my drift?

Cheers,
Dan