• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pig Bot (a model for under $1)

Started by marc_reusser, November 20, 2010, 01:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughboyModelworks

He may be able to prove to us that it is indeed possible to make a silk purse from a sow's ear... metaphorically speaking of course.

Paul

marc_reusser

Base color of Tamiya mix, with 4 coats of hairspray.

Color coat of Games-Workshop acrylics, chipped with water and fine brushes, Dullcoat sealer coat, and 2 coats of hairspray.

Color coat of Tamiya mix, chipped with water and fine brushes, sealed with Dullcoat.

Not really thrilled with the color of the final green, or the shading on that layer.....and I wish the chipping was just a bit finer on the "wear streaking"....might have been better to do with an airbrush........and there is a bit too much orange peel (due to shooting in the cold and wet here today........but hey for a learning/practice excercise its been good...and it still has a way to go. 

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Something about this makes me think of Rembrandt painting Popeye. -- Russ

marc_reusser

M-Works

lab-dad

Looking good! I agree about the chipping, but you have a way of pulling things off.

I hope you can make parts of it light up!
The end of the antenna blinking would be bitchin'!

Question;
Why would there be so much wear?
There is no air in space, therefore no friction?
I guess it comes from re-entry?

LMAO!
-Marty

RoughboyModelworks

Pigs in Space...

Paul

JohnP

This place is full of crazy people!! Maybe that's why I feel comfortable here.

You need to Photoshop in blaster shots from the nostrils. PEW PEW PEW

John
John Palecki

Mobilgas

John,         Crazy people on this forum??................ what gave you that impression :o
Craig

artizen

I like the blaster shots from the nostrils ... PEW PEW PEW

How about a long rocket streak out the back ... POO POO POO

LOL !!!!!!!  ;D
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

MinerFortyNiner

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 06, 2010, 02:06:29 AM
;D

(Cue "Thus Spoke Zarathustra", theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey)

HamdroidTM BAC-N-111 re-enters the depleted ozone layer of Earth to restore justice and breakfast meats for all...

Or to quote Wayne in Wayne's World: "I definitely smell some kind of pork product..."

How about ramjet cones in the nostrils...they could be adjustable, like the cones on the SR-71 engines...

Very cool photoshop, Marc...pigs can fly, and very dramatically at that!
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."

marc_reusser

I think we'll call this little detour done.....I was going to add some detail decals...but decided to just call it a day.

Interestingly, this proved to be a much more difficult project than I had originally thought......primarily because it was pretty much one continuous flowing surface, with no small detail to speak of....mades it hard to add interest, and do cool weathering stuff....plus that whole no dust and dirt in space (I do justify the wear marks as being due to space dust, random space debris, and from occasional contact with/entry into an atmosphere  ;D)......despite all that it was a good learning/test project.

M

M-Works

lab-dad

HOLY CRAP HE FINISHED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kool project too!
-Marty

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on December 20, 2010, 04:52:24 AM
HOLY CRAP HE FINISHED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kool project too!
-Marty

One down , twenty five to go .

Nick

JESTER

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 20, 2010, 02:23:19 AMI was going to add some detail decals...but decided to just call it a day.

A lot of stuff I do is real similar. Graphics are the best way to show off the weathering. I rarely have panel lines etc. You could have added a big round recessed vent thingy on the back to give it a focus point.

I think Reefer White was used on a lot of Star Wars ships. It's my go to spaceship color!

Very cool!

-

Ray Dunakin

Nice work, very fun little project!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World