• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Vintage Sign....Porcelain & Neon

Started by Mobilgas, November 22, 2010, 12:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Was down in Detroit today following up on a lead i got of a 32 Ford Pickup :) and passed one of the old sign's i like still hanging.  I stopped and took some pic's of it....i figured i better before something happens to it??    Craig
Craig

W C Greene

That's a cool old sign. If you could get a "full on" view of it, you might be able to make a decal or maybe just a paper copy in whatever scale. Of course, I imagine that you already knew that. Reminds me of a RAINBO bread logo on an old screen door that I "photoshopped" and made a decal to apply to a 1:35 scale screen door. Now, I want some other old screen door logos but need to start building screen doors! This may be a "Texas" thing, some of my buddies up north never have seen screen door logos.
                                 Woodie
miles to go before I sleep...

teejay99

I was trying to guess what area of Motown you were in Craig and I guessed Gratiot Ave ...... ?!

There's a neat old sign , and famous old garage around Woodward and 12 mile , that I see when I go to the Woodward Dream Cruise . If you're into rods you've probably heard of Vinsetta Garage .

Terry
Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

DaKra

Thanks for these photos, I added them to my neon sign file.   Good to photograph these when you find them, as they are rare now and who knows what might happen to it tomorrow?    

Dave

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

JESTER

Cool sign! We have a lot of old signs here. I took this one the other day while researching train cars for some weathering inspiration.

-

Ray Dunakin

I think it says, "Texas Barbecue House".

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

JESTER

Quote from: Mobilgas on November 30, 2010, 10:06:24 PM
Jester,   Looks interesting but what does the sign say??     Craig

Ray is correct! The other pic had better weathering. ;D

-