• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaKra

Good photos for the interior clutter file.  Funny how designers back then tried to class everything up with cabriole legs,  even the most mundane things like washing machines, stoves and kerosene heaters.   I noticed a similar trend today, every new appliance has swhooshy computer generated curves all over it. Pfui.   :P

Dave

granitechops

Seeing that picture of the  Seigler-oil-heater, reminded me that we had a similar but not quite so fancy one, to heat our house in the 1950s, in side when you lifted the front off, was a very utilitarial rectangular oil tank with a wick & chimney on top
Don in sunny Devon, England

Junior

Hey guys,

Once again thanks for all the great pics. I will use all of them. So far the interior shot with the tool board came in very handy as you might be able to see. Here are some pics. of about 25% of what I have finished so far regarding the interior detail parts. Still have to finish a small lathe and drillpress that will be powered by an electrical motor and wait for more gaskets etc. from Dave to fill up those racks.
Not really sure I will use that large resin shelf in the background but it might be alright when filled up with tons of parts. Will wait to see what Dave can come up with.

All the other stuff workbench, crates, toolbox etc. are scratchbuilt from micro plywood. CouldnĀ“t resist some crackle paint on the large crate.

Anders ??? ;D

Junior

More pics.

Junior

One more. messed up the last one!

Chuck Doan

Anders, all that stuff really looks great!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

BKLN

Wow! Very nice. I am working on a similar project of modern auto shop. I designed a set of modern car junk for Dave and because I am so lazy to finish the last bits he hasn't offered it on his site yet. ( I am sure Dave will send you a test version to get more even more clutter in there.) Your clutter looks really good!

I also ordered a few resin castings from this German maker: http://www.tl-modellbau.de/en/TL-Plus-Workshop1-87/

Junior

Thanks guys.....that German site is all news to me thanks a lot.

Anders ;D

BKLN

Anders,
there are a couple of things that I am struggling with: First, I have hard time with my tool boards. While Dave makes probably the finest and smallest tools in the market, they are still fairly big. I am still trying to figure out a way to make these tools boards.

The other problem are motors and other engine parts. I am basically making up fantasy parts, since I have no idea what everything is in a garage or on a car. I try to use a lot of reference images, but I still have no real clue what I am building. I just love the mess.

Ray Dunakin

Sweet! All that stuff looks great. Very nicely aged too.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Anders --

That's a wonderful collection of signs, tool boards, parts bins and "junque" that you've put together there.  Admire your (seemingly) rapid progress and eye for detail.  Very nice!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

Thanks everyone ! Eventually it will have the same atmosphere as the blacksmith area in my Machine Shop.

Anders ;D

Frederic Testard

Magnificent work, Anders. I'm eager to see how you put all these parts in your garage.
Frederic Testard

finescalerr

Can you guys believe Anders did all that in HO scale? Very impressive! He has sent me an article about the machine shop for the April Industrial Annual. Stand by to freak out. -- Russ

Ken Hamilton

This is a testament to Ander's obvious skills AND Dave incredible HO parts.
That's a tough combination to beat.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/