• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k27rgs

On a daily basis I look at the work of Doan, Revelia, Nolan, Addison, Sundance Central, etc for small detail ideas.
I just recieved a link to this project and Man !!! what a work of art it is.
Looking forward to spending many hours viewing the uploaded photos.
Also thanks to the members , Marty & Co for the additional background info regarding Auto shops.
The realism is just first class and will inspire many modelers in ALL scales, for many years.

Congrats again on a incredible project.  

regards

Mario Rapinett ( Australia )

Philip Smith

Junior, modeling at its finest. Thats the shop where its there, just give me a second to remember where.

Philip

Junior

Thanks very much Paul, Mario & Philip. Paul I will look into some possibilities for having the front wall removable. For viewing purposes it really doesen´t matter as the roof is removable but for camera angles it´s essential.

For my previous projcet (Machine Shop) all the fantastic pictures of the Railtown / Jamestown shop posted by you Mario at the Modvid site were invaluable.

Thank you,

Anders ;D

TRAINS1941

Anders,

The inside of that garage is just so perfect.  The detail is amazing.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Junior

Just testing to post pictures in a different way.

Anders ??? ;D

Seems to work fine.... ;D

finescalerr

It probably needs a slightly longer exposure. The kind of photo you are trying to produce is tricky. -- Russ

pwranta193

Seriously, it looks like a movie set scene... there should be a couple of guys getting ready to move "green" beer out of the basement or smuggled Canadian whiskey into the back of a Model A pick up.

To include an overused gringo-ism, this truly kicks ass.  8)

Russ or Anders, I'd love some insight into shooting the dark like this... it's one of the things I'd like to practice doing on the really big halftrack project, as the vision in my head (not the one that comes with the voices) was a dusk or dawn scene.  Years ago, I learned how to do it for outdoor shooting but that was a quarter century ago... not to hijack this thread - is there an extant thread around here on this sort of thing?

Paul R.
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

Ray Dunakin

Looks great to me. Very moody. I'm amazed at how real it looks, yet it's only HO scale.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Paul, I think Russ would be the man I´m far from a pro but here is how this picture was shot. The only lights were the LED´s in the buliding. Nikon D5000 with an 18-55 mm lens. F. stop 14 with a 30 second exposure time. Two extra close up lenses (+2 and +3). Three exposures focused at front, middle and rear and then stacked in the Helicon Focus software.
The building is actually 41 scale foot long but looks like it´s half of that in this picture. Guess a wide angle lens would correct that but then you get leaning walls etc. so it´s give and take. At it´s original format 4,1 mB the quality is better than what´s shown here. This one has been reduced to 200 kB.

Ray, thanks for your comments. I was just testing to post a picture through my new photobucket album but I will have new pictures very soon. The diorama is close to being finished.

Anders :)

Chris

The last picture is absolutly wonderful
reminds me the place of a tractor repair shop near Limon not very far where I live
looks the same with the "bordello" inside :D
congratulation for this model Anders
I keep your pics in my computer
Think it could be a nice screen backdrop
Welcome to Wherever You Are!

eTraxx

Chris .. EXCELLENT idea! So ..

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Chuck Doan

I agree, great mood. Looks like that Helicon software (or something like it) is the way to go for minature depth of field.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

W.P. Rayner

You can also adjust depth of field in Photoshop with adjustment layers or Tilt/Shift actions.

Geez Ed, do you have enough icons on your desktop...  ;)

Paul

eTraxx

Ed Traxler