• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Excellent Anders! The gas pump sales is a great way to use those other pumps. The stuff hanging in the window looks good from the outside too. Back to looking...
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

DaKra

The lamp posts and car will finish it off nicely, especially in the night scenes.    That dry landscape with the weeds turned out really well, hope Mr. Krakow has a Coke cooler inside!   Reminds me I have an HO scale fiber optic illuminated soda machine prototype to finish.  Its a 50's vintage design, so wouldn't work for your 1930s diorama.  

Dave

Ken Hamilton

This is one of the most outstanding HO-scale dioramas I've
ever seen, and the photography is breathtaking.
The entire scene, inside and out, is downright Chuckdonian.....
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

finescalerr

Yeah, Ken, that pretty well sums it up. -- Russ

Philip Smith

Every imaginable detail packed into a great dio! the night shots are so cool!

Philip  8)

Frederic Testard

You wouldn't believe this is possible if you didn't see it.
I consider myself very priviledged since I should be able to see it for real in a few weeks...
Frederic Testard

Ray Dunakin

Excellent work!

I also like the machine shop featured in the current Annual.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Quote from: Rasputen on April 11, 2011, 07:23:44 AM
Outstanding work!

Since you asked for suggestions:
1) I would remove a few random tools from that tool board on the back wall, as if someone has not
    returned them.   Some shops I have worked in had painted shapes on the board where the special
    service tools were supposed to be stored.  It was always funny to see all of these wierd painted
    silhouettes with no tools.
2) Most Oxy-Acetylene hoses are color coded red and green, not gray (at least now-a-days).
3) Any wood furniture left outside in the desert would not have much paint left on the top surfaces
    for very long.  I would weather the heck out of the horizontal surfaces of that blue table and chairs.

Thanks very much guys - much appreciated!

Oh yeah the tool boards are a mistake but quite difficult to rearrange at this point  but will give it a try. The table and chairs are quite weathered (not really visible in the picture) but maybe not enough so let´s assume they were a darker blue color when new as they would require a complete rebuild.
The tank hoses are easy to repaint. Anyway great input....thanks!

Anders ;D

TRAINS1941

Anders

For HO or for that matter any scale this is just one unbelievable diorama.  Excellent work by you.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Anders,

This is really a beautiful piece of work...and the scale makes it even that much more incredible.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

chester

I'm totally amazed at what I see. The best 1/87 scale build I can remember seeing. And you're right Anders, that wire is incredibly thin.

Bill Sartore

"Chuckdonian" indeed!

Sent the rest of the LEDs off to Anders yesterday. Sure wouldn't want to make a living soldering nano LEDs all day long. I wonder if I could hire Mr. Mudgeon to do some of the work. He has smaller hands and is experienced at model building....

Bill/slim

Junior

Thanks very much Jerry, Marc, Chester and Bill.

Bill...I wouldn´t count on Mr. Mudgeon - saw him recently in Sweden with an injured hand or is it his twin brother? ???

Anders ;D ;D

Bill Sartore

...probably burned himself with soldering iron...

Bill

Younger

Bill Sartore, how do I contact you with regard to LED lighting products?
-Younger
-Younger