• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Playland Penny Arcade

Started by Ken Hamilton, December 01, 2010, 06:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Looks like a dangerous place to hang out after dark!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W.P. Rayner

Very evocative Ken... just waiting for Philip Marlowe to come down the stairs and out the door...

Paul

Ken Hamilton

Finished up the alley and decided what I was going to do with the Arcade entrance,
so the Arcade building is ready to be permanently attached to the base.

Once the Arcade building is in place I'll finish up the part of the first
floor (just inside the door) that's visible.

Made a TV antennae for the apartment building roof, too......

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

fspg2

It just looks always great!
I'm looking forward to your next steps.
Frithjof

danpickard

It would have been loud and proud with the bold art deco colourings in its prime, but now just beautifully sucked into the scene with a health dose of city grime.  This is growing very quickly into on of those dioramas that will stick in modellers minds for some time.  Its just a common city sight with a dying building, but captured just brilliantly here. Amazing work Ken.

Cheers,
Dan

Junior

Fantastic so far and instantly recoginzable as a diorama with the typical "Hamilton Touch".

Anders

lab-dad

Ken,
Really interesting (and entertaining) to watch you progress through this project.
While not a subject I would ever model I am still very much enjoying the posts.
If it were not for the background (or lack of) it would appear real.
When finished I think you need to take it to the city for a proper background.
Shot with a narrow focus plane (background slightly out of focus) it would be a very real scene.
Thanks for shows us and all the SBS along the way!
-Marty

michael mott

Ken I did a double take on that first picture! then realized that it is a superb example of model work. Simply amazing!!

Michael

BKLN

I will continue to sit quietly and watch this beauty unfold!

Gordon Ferguson

Ken I am with Michael that first picture is amazing .......... the grime and sense of urban decay has really been captured, and like an artist think it is those little details that you have added that really make it ............. in this case its got to be the graffiti, just  enough to make an subtle impact
Gordon

Ken Hamilton

Thanks, guys.
I was really torn about adding graffiti because (1) I didn't want to neighborhood to look TOO bad and (2) I'm
not much of a graffiti fan in the real world, but after the fact I think it does add something to the story.

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Chuck Doan

Unfortunatly you have to have some grafitti in that enviroment. in this case it is encouraged.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

danpickard

The graffiti plays its part in setting the timeline for the display...age of the buildings and the era we are now looking at based on the style of the graffiti.

Dan

EZnKY

Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

finescalerr

That new photo ... well, what can one say? -- Russ