• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fundom - Donedum!

Started by lab-dad, December 31, 2010, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaKra

Great subject matter & great model.

Dave     

lab-dad

Thank you everyone!
Was a long haul (4 months +)

Jacq, yes going somewhere on the layout, may be loading ballast?.....
May be a small diorama for some 'working' pictures.

Phillip, the chain drives are leftovers from a McKinsey Toppins truck.
I wanted better ones but could not justify the price.

Thanks again for looking gang.
-Marty

JohnP

We need to see it dirty digging dirt in a diorama. Really neat model, lots of textures and motion related hardware. Finishing is great too. Can you say it was fun now that it is complete?

John
John Palecki

Philip Smith

Quote from: lab-dad on January 01, 2011, 06:22:20 AM
the chain drives are leftovers from a McKinsey Toppins truck.
I wanted better ones but could not justify the price.

-Marty

Are those a Mckinsey product or is it his design? Who sells better ones? I have needed a set for a couple of years now.

thanks!

Junior

Great model Marty and excellent paint and weathering job!

Anders ;D

chester

Great model Marty, beautifully built and wonderful weathering. I'd like to know how you (and everyone else) terminates cabling and wires. What knots (or whatever) are used to fasten it?

lab-dad

Phil,
There are some 1/12 photo etch chains for motorcycles available from Japan.
Some are on ebuy too.

The "cables" are ship model rigging.
I just wrap and twist it where it terminates to try and emulate a clevis of sorts.
Then I secure it with some CA, when dry I snip the end and touch up with some Vallejo oily steel.

Thanks Anders.

-Marty

Chuck Doan

Came out nice Marty! Looks very plausable to me. As Gordon said it was not an easy project; way to go!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Franck Tavernier

Marty,

Well done, looks great! Where did you find the levers?

Franck

lab-dad

Thanks Franck,

The levers are actually small brass tube (.032" o.d. I think) with a .020" rod soldered in the end .200" deep.
Then I flattened the tube leaving the "handle" round.
Same way I did them on the DV Critter, only 1/3 the size!  ;D

-Marty