• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/9 Harley WLA Italeri (From Mig Forum)

Started by marc_reusser, January 13, 2011, 12:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Craig saw this project by Steve Barba (Mig17) over on the MIG forum, and thought some here might enjoy it.
The thread link is http://www.migproductionsforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=8737

Here are the pics:

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mobilgas

Marc,  Thanks for posting ;)     I really like this Diorama the weathering and colors are Great....nice work ;D
Craig

Philip Smith

Nice.......raggedy and useful use of ham container..that is why the dog is cocking his leg up ;D

ruff  ;D

Malachi Constant

QUICK!  Take this down before Chuck decides to "start over" in 1:9 scale!  ;D

Meanwhile, wow, that's really cool.  Great "slice of life" design to the diorama ... loads of great details, textures, creative and amusing touches.

Thanks!
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

W.P. Rayner

Hmmm... there are some good touches on this, but something just isn't ringing true for me. Can't quite put my finger on it, perhaps it's a little too lumpy and crusty in some areas even for a rat bike. Nevertheless a good concept and an interesting piece of work...

Paul

jacq01

Quotea little too lumpy and crusty in some areas even for a rat bike

and the new "out of the box" looking front tyre

I agree with Paul.   

This is a very good set up diorama.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Ray Dunakin

I think the main problem is that the whole thing is very dusty, and I don't mean weathering. Everything is dusty, including the dog. Looks like it's been on the shelf for a while, unprotected, and wasn't dusted off prior to shooting the photo. If you look closely at the last photo, you can see cobwebs on the rear tire, down to the pavement.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mr Potato Head

Dusty or not ? you gotta love the caned ham! I do
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

clevermod01

It's hard to be critical of such a beautiful presentation. i have to say none of the things mentioned bother me but being in1/9th the cast in spokes call attention to themselves.
This criticism from a guy who models in paper with flat bricks in1/87th.

Beautiful model.

Thom