• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1908 Case Catalog

Started by EZnKY, January 23, 2011, 10:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZnKY

I've found a 1908 Case catalog in some of my grandfather's stuff.  (Still lots to sort through.)
If anyone is interested in particular information, I'll be happy to look it up or post scans.

The catalog is in pretty bad shape with stains and some mouse/bug damage.  The content includes steam traction engines, farm implements, and background information on the engineering of the equipment.

Here are some sample images...
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

EZnKY

And some more...
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

EZnKY

The engravings are fairly detailed.  They look like this if I do a little Photoshop work.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Seattle Dave

Lovely stuff!  Thanks for posting.  I'd love to see any data on the threshing machines.

Dave
Dave VanderWal

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Eric,

Very cool. Thanks for posting/sharing.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Frederic Testard

The beauty of the artistic work in these catalogs is amazing.
Frederic Testard

EZnKY

I'll see what I can find on the threshing machines.

The care that went into these old catalogs is obvious, and inspirational.  Kind of reminds me of some of the modeling I see here...

Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

EZnKY

Dave,
There are several pages on threshers, although they're called separators in the catalog.  They vary in size and by attachments.  Are you looking for anything in particular?
I'll be happy to scan some more pages.

I know this is wandering off our usual topics here, but the question on threshers got me thinking about some of my old family pictures.  This is a shot of my great grandfather and his two brothers working their farm around 1905-1910.  Indianapolis, Iowa to be exact.

I've wondered if the equipment in the photo was purchased from the catalog...
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Seattle Dave

Thanks Eric.  I have been collecting information on threshers (or separators) for some time, with an eye toward building a model of one, so I'll take anything you can take the time to scan and either send or post.  Much appreciate the photo too, since there are not a lot of them shot back in that time period.

Best,

Dave
Dave VanderWal