• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

McLaren step by step so far

Started by HectorBell, November 23, 2007, 03:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John McGuyer

Our old Led Zeppelin M8E/D has been purchased and was there. It is the blue car with the wild paint job designed by the guy that did the Yellow Submarine movie.

I'm going to have to post a picture of one of my trains to prove I also build things.

John

HectorBell

John, many years ago, to earn a crust I worked as a clerk in the local benefits office.  One day a really weird guy came in who had "gone bad" after working on the animation of Yellow Submarine!  I later worked with a guy who confirmed this fella's name.  I wonder if it was the same bloke?
Hector

John McGuyer

The guys name was Peter Max. He was a well known artist at the time. I understand his paintings now get many dollars. The paint job on the car depicts a Zeppelin flying through a field of stars. Definitely not kiwi orange but does draw a crowd. Actually, it never ran in the Can-Am series but rather the European equivalent. The vintage promoters over here still do welcome it because of the unusual paint and history.

John

RoughboyModelworks

This all brings back memories of a CanAm race I attended many years ago at Mosport Park north of Toronto. Somewhere I believe I still have some pictures from that adventure...

Bill

John McGuyer

Hector
I sure would like to see more of this project.
John

Nurser

John, I've just put some more pics on the fotki site of engine, bellhousing and gearbox. Shit pictures, but I'm rusty. I haven't touched the site for 4 years!
Hector

Nurser

Daguerrotypes?  I should have been so lucky.  Bloody woodcuts mate, done with a locally knapped flint on the back of a lazy cow!
Hector

John McGuyer

Hector

I hope I don't sound too stupid, but what is a fotki site?

John

Nurser

John, my friend in California has a big fotki site which is a photo storage thing like photobucket.  He lets me upload photos on my own little bits of it.  That's where all the M8F step-by-step is stored.  After 4 years, I've just loaded on some shots of the Big Block and gearbox.  I never keep the link, but if you go back to the beginning of this thread I think Rich R left a link to it.
Hector

Nurser

For that, sir, I would normally have you vapourised, but the fact is we need more like you on Zog, so you're forgiven.  I have spares anyway, in my 4th Dimensional shed ( the one only I can see) Har-har-ha-h......hector

Nurser

Colour, manoeuvre, Barbour jacket, flavour, savoury.....Give in yet???
Har-har-ha.........Torture by lexicon.

We say Jag-you-er
You say Jag-warr
We laugh.

But you don't really say potarto, do you?
Hector

John McGuyer

I've really been enjoying looking at the pictures of this project on the fotki site. You are doing such an incredible job. I'm amazed you don't have more machinery. Brings back memories of working on these beasts. By the way, did they tell you about the 'purple rivets'?

John

Nurser

Good man, I knew you'd say it proper-like<g>

Potarto, like the song? tomato tomarto, potayto, potarto?
Hmm, let's call the whole thing off,eh?

I have a few pics of three-wheeler masters, not all of 'em.  I have some finished models tucked away in the same cabinet that houses the whaler Bill wants to see, but opening the door of it would require a major redecoration, my daughter being a piler-up of crap in front of things. She also has a short fuse!
But if you have anything interesting I'd love them e-mailed over, mate.
Cheers, Martin

John McGuyer

Down south we call it a tomader.

John

RoughboyModelworks

So is this Fiat's answer to the Chaparral 2J Hoover...  ::)

Bill