• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New Fotki feature

Started by Chuck Doan, January 28, 2011, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

For those who have or may have a Fotki album, I discovered that they added a "roll" feature for abum viewing. It allows vertical scrolling and looks kind of like a blog format. I have added a new album for my gas pump, and I think the updated format looks good!

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/12-scale-gas-pump/?show_vi=1

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

Chuck, that is a great feature that makes it even more fun to watch the development of this model.

My only complaint is that I see you have had the nozzle handle "printed out" ... been hoping all along that you would be scratch building this bit so I could learn(copy!) how to do it, looks like I am going to have to learn this drawing lark.
Gordon

Frederic Testard

It's really a more pleasant way to discover the building of the model. Thanks for letting us know, Chuck.
Frederic Testard

BKLN

First of all: Thank you for documenting and sharing the progress of your work with the rest of the world. You provide free information of such high level, that other people would charge money for without even thinking twice.

Second: I have spent many hours studying the images in your fotki account and it used to be somewhat frustrating to navigate the site. The new feature makes it a lot easier to follow your work.

Christian

Malachi Constant

Oooh, that is nice!  Appreciate your modeling efforts AND your efforts to share the pix and document the construction ... new format is a bonus.  ;)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

Nice presentation, Chuck. As usual. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Chuck

Excellent presentation.  But what the hell we expected that from you.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Thanks! Mostly thanks to Fotki for doing something new. Makes adding info more worthwhile to me.

Sorry Gordon, I had to give it a try. But I did have to add several composite items to finish it off (my printed handle was just too fragile, but the body worked OK):

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

Seattle Dave

Absolutely LOVE your pump nozzle Chuck!  I don't have a picture handy, but I mastered all the gas pumps for R & D Unique (I was founder and owner) many yeas ago.  I remember distinctly the issues I had with assembling a bunch of little bitty brass parts that comprised my nozzle!

As a side-bar, I also did all the master work for the pump series that Danbury Mint issued some years back.  They were all done on lathe and by hand.

Good times, and boy, how they have changed!

Dave V.
Dave VanderWal

Chuck Doan

Hi Dave, glad to "meet" you! I have several of your kits and have always thought highly of them. I was originally going to use the Fry pump you did, but somehow I lost a couple of parts and I decided to take a longer road with this pump. My Dad has some of those Danbury pumps, but I couldn't talk him out of one! He has them displayed with some of their vintage pick-ups.

Yes, a bunch of tiny fiddly parts! Fortunately I only lost one to the carpet monster. Overall it's been a fun project, especially trying out the new methods. I don't have the skills or tools to do what you did, so I am lucky technology has caught up to help me out!

Thanks, and I hope to see you around!

TRAINS1941

Chuck

Are you kidding me??  That is beautiful!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Gordon Ferguson

Chuck,

I think the correct term on this forum is "satisfactory"  but it is also beautiful!

Couldn't give me the dimensions of your finger so I can use that to scale the nozzle
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Sickening!  Causes shortness of breath and cranial disturbances.  ;)

(Other than that, pretty danged impressive)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

Thanks! Dallas, nice try, but I think your cranial disturbances were pre-existing.  :D I know mine are.

Gordon I forgot you wanted dimensions-I shall put something together.

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. -- Russ