• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:32 projects

Started by james_coldicott, January 29, 2011, 12:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

Very nice wheels James and McPherson's is coming along nicely. I expect you're going to have another winning kit there...

Paul

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

marc_reusser

Some great looking stuff. The building kit is most enticing. If one were so inclined, how would one get their grubby mitts on these products, and at what cost?

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

james_coldicott

Thanks all for your comments.

Marc, the wheels will be available through my website as of today. Price is £2.95 for 2 axles with brass bearings.

I still need to write instructions for McPherson's Garage and am going to re-mould some of the parts that don't come out as well as I like but should be available before the end of this month. Price will be approx £95.00 I think.

If you are happy for me to do so I'll post a few more pics here so you can see what you'd be getting.

James

james_coldicott

...I guess it would help to put a link to the website here!  ;)

http://www.james-art.com/collections.php?id=7

James

LLIAXTEP

Great stuff James, didnt realize you were producing 1/32 kits, but knew about the art work. Any more photos of the rolling stock and locos?

Alex

pwranta193

Just stumbling across this project... love the look of the garage in total - but the book shelf has me drooling.  What a great looking casting - and a great idea.  Beautiful execution.

Paul
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

james_coldicott

Hi Guys,

just a quick update on McPherson's Garage...

finally got finished with printed sheets and getting the sample done- a few quick photographs to show where I'm up to.

Just need to finish instructions and she's done.

I should add my thanks to Stuart (known as Barney here) for sending me his photo's that inspired this project.

James

james_coldicott

Couple more...

james_coldicott

last 2 for now...

J

finescalerr

Satisfactory. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

I like it! Hope it goes well for you James!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

Brilliant!  Lovely scene and execution. Nice finish work on the bricks and pumps. I wish you much success with this.

I do have to say, that I wish this was 1/35 :-\

I could see this being put to great use as a dio background for a WW2 scene on the "homefront" in the UK, by some of the armor modelers/dioramists (Spencer Pollard comes to mind).

BTW...any chance you will be selling the pump castings/kits as a seperate item?

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Really nice! The exposed gas pump is a great detail.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Wesleybeks

That drain cover and the open gas pump are really nice touches James.

Good luck with it.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa