• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A road store

Started by lucas gargoloff, January 29, 2011, 08:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas gargoloff

Sorry guys, I was missed last months... we moved to a new home, much bigger and spacious than the other... but first I had to finish it, becuase we started it last year and took me so long to get ready, and now we´re here and happy. And how if I´m happy, modelling is much fun, so, I took a structure from the closet and decided to finish it for, someday, put in my layout.
It´s a road store, still doesn´t have name and it needs some minor details in the roof, beams and scenery.
Here are some pics...
I did some drawings in CAD and then cut in ply in different thickness, I cut too a bunch of details like shelves, wood cases, benches, chairs...

I would apreciate any critical comment.
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

artizen

Took me a while to notice the dog was a bit plastic and the spokes on the Beemer are a bit thick?  ;D

Excellent work especially the lighting and the full interior detail.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Ray Dunakin

Nice! What scale is it? I like the night shots.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Nice job, Lucas. -- Russ

lucas gargoloff

Thanks guys, Ray, is 1/48

Frederic Testard

I love it Lucas. The detailing is awesome.
I couldn't find this dog, though.
The cuts look as though the walls were lasercut. Is it a kit or a scratchbuild?
Frederic Testard

jacq01

Lucas,

very nice.

here some items to think about :   graining can be more subtle in line with the scale used. Often grain and nailholes are overdone, especially in 1:48. When building  the sawmill
                                                     this has been discussed extensively with the result that I use it with care and sparingly.   
                                                     the steps at the side ( behind the motorcycle) are floating in the air.
                                                     The veranda roof finish looks out of place compared with the  state of the rest of the building and all the goodies inside.
                                                     I'll think the owner will protect his marchandise against the elements a bit better. What is the link between the purpose of the  shop
                                                     and all the metal junk outside ?

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

lucas gargoloff

Thanks for the points Jaq, maybe you´re right with the grainig in the wood, will keep in mind for the next. It´s not finished yet, the sturcture is not glued in place yet, that is the reason because I didn´t glue the steps at the side, and the roof needs more beams and glue it in place. I Planned to add a little shop at the side, the owner of the store had an old abandoned automobile, that he change for a motorbike. I have the old car jsut finished for add in a mini diorama to this side, once I have the space for a layout.
Thanks again!

madmike3434

excellent Lucas..........looks fabulous to me , you just keep getting better and better with each build.
mike

Malachi Constant

On a critical level, the assembly tabs on the little crates stand out a bit ... but ...

Have to say that I find the whole scene very pleasing ... and I like the woodgrain that you've added to the siding ... find that rather pleasing as well.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

granitechops

Lucas, this is not fair, in the first 2 photos, you go from a bare wood carcase, to an almost finished work of art!!  :'(

I could not hope to reach this level of effect

I guess I am not an Art Gallery man, just looking at the finished product

I want to be in the artists studio seeing him putting the brush strokes on, seeing which pallette knife he uses etc.

Yes I also noticed some of what  the others did.
But I think the crates tabs for example, are in keeping with the method of construction ( lazer cut?) gives one a clue to the history of the piece. Especially as they are not showing to the front viewing angle

Each piece of modelling  has an aura that can be unique

Don in sunny Devon, England

madmike3434

IN EXCHANGING EMAILS WITH lUCAS I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD LASER CUT THE CORBELS AT THE TOP OF THE FRONT WALL.  ALSO HOW BIG THEY WERE IN INCHES = 7/16 REPLY.

HERE IS THE TRICKY PART HE DID THAT IS NOT VISABLE IN PHOTOS. HE DESIGNED 2 SIZES OF CORBELS THE SMALLER TO BE FITTED BETWEEN THE 2 OUTSIDE ONES TO CREATE A SHADOW EFFECT AND ALSO AS A SPACER.

NOW THATS THINKING !!!!!!
GREAT STUFF LUCAS...................MIKE

darrylhuffman

What a great model.

Well done.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

Philip Smith

Beautiful ! Did you cut that?

couple of ??

Are you adding more rafters and hiding the light peeking through the raftertail openings?
& a little rain flashing would keep the rain out where the roof meets the high storefront.

very Nice touch overall!

Phil

lucas gargoloff

Yeap Phil, I drew the parts in CAD and cut then in laser, I use Plywood. I have all the rafters cut and ready for glue, but when I took the pic weren´t installed.