• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New O scale product ?

Started by Mobilgas, February 05, 2011, 06:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Seen this on E-Bay today.......its new to me??  Anybody purchase one yet?
Craig

Frederic Testard

I bought one of their trucks, with a crane, a while ago, but haven't yet built it. It is this one :

It was in 2009, so these products have already been available for a while.
Frederic Testard

lucas gargoloff

I bought the same as Frederic. Is a very nice kit. This is my partially built.

I tought will be cool if I add a colsed cab, and will use the crane for other purpouse.
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

jacq01

Very unusual he is offering his material via ebay.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

That really seems to be a high quality kit. Did you have any difficulty getting the castings to fit?

I model the pre-automobile era but that kit and some of what I have seen on these forums really do inspire me to build an infernal combustion vehicle. Oh, yeah: And one of those way cool old fashioned gasoline pumps.

Russ

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

jacq01

QuoteWho is the manufacture

Not one of Russ's favorites :    Backwoods Miniatures
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

TRAINS1941

Quote from: jacq01 on February 06, 2011, 12:57:52 PM

QuoteWho is the manufacture

Not one of Russ's favorites :    Backwoods Miniatures

THAT WOULD BE AN UNDER STATEMENT!!! >:(

Thanks Jacq.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

mabloodhound

Quote from: Mobilgas on February 06, 2011, 04:58:52 PM
..... and if the scale is out of scale? for 1/48. as some manufacturers just dont get the scale right >:(

As it's made in England and they model in 1:43, I fear it may be oversize if you want a 1:48 truck.   I got rid of all my out of scale 1:43 vehicles for just that reason.   My 1:48 LPs just don't look right next to them.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Frederic Testard

Dave, Peter McParlin has modelled american prototypes for years and years now, and issued a lot of On30 models in the right scale, so I would be very surprised if this model was not the right size.
Frederic Testard

Mr Potato Head

Craig !
I cant believe you haven't been shot or removed from Unc's list, he must be I a good mood today, or MIA ?? Anyway while the cow's out of the barn, so to speak here's mine the cab is still in the paint booth, but it should all be completed soon. As far as the scale of this and the prototype, at first I thought that it was all wrong, but with the help of my long time friend Ken Neighbarger I have seen a scale plan and a video ( sales clip from 1920's ) of it in action and this thing is very close to scale and prototype!
Gil
Hoping not to be excommunicated  ::)
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Here you go girls....
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works