• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

O-Scale Shopping Cart Kits

Started by Ken Hamilton, February 05, 2011, 08:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

Finally.......the instruction sheets are finished and the Wildhare Models O-Scale Shopping Carts are ready:

The Carts are .010" photo-etched brass.  The kit comes with styrene rod for the handle and a
Bending Guide so the one-piece cart basket & frame can be easily bent to the proper shape:

The kit will sell for $7.95 + Postage.  They're not on the Website yet but they should be up this week. 
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to order before they're on the website.
Thanks for looking..........
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

That's just crazy-cool!  BTW, any idea when the metal carts went into common use?

Edit:  Oops ... forgot I was on the internet for a minute there!  Check this out:
http://www.designboom.com/history/cart.html

Neat-O!  ;D
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

Oh, heavens. First the fire escape and now this. What's a mother to do? -- Russ

Frederic Testard

Ken, what a fantastic idea for a model!
I don't think it's the same in the US since your model doesn't show it, but here in France, supermarkets managers didn't want to pay people to gather carts scattered everywhere on the parking lots, so they created a system of deposit : when they are stored, each cart is connected to its neighbour with a small piece of chain, and the only way to disconnect them is to insert a coin in a little hole, which unlocks the chain and allows you to take the cart.
Now, THAT would be a detail!
I wouldn't suggest anything like this on a forum that wouldn't be primarily read and fed by mad people...
Frederic Testard

TRAINS1941

Frederic

Here in New Jersey Shop-Rite Supemarkets have those little chains on the baskets.  Twenty-five .25 cents to git it unhooked.  If you want your quarter back you take the cart to cart rack slide the end piece in and out pops your .25.

Jerry

Ken nice job on the basket.  You sure are creative!!!

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

chester

A very reasonable price for such a nicely detailed kit Ken. Good luck with sales and I hope to see a bunch with rowdy toddlers in the seat.

Bexley

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

W.P. Rayner

Beautiful job Ken... best of luck with the kit. I would think it will sell well at such a reasonable price.

Paul

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Bexley on February 06, 2011, 07:01:15 PM
Now for 1/35!

Yes, because shopping carts have played a crucial role in all major battles currently being modeled in 1/35 scale!  ;D

Oh, yeah, well, there's also a dozen or so of us modeling civilian stuff in 1/35 ... send Ken a PM, see what the set-up costs might be, and maybe he can run some for ya!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Bexley

I have a 1/35-post apocalyptic diorama in the works that needs lots of urban wreckage. A beat-up shopping cart or two would be perfect. (Though, 1/48 is a scale I also do a lot of work in, so those will be useful too.)
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack