• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:16th 1944 Belgian mechanic/work shop

Started by pwranta193, February 19, 2011, 07:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artizen

If you do the concrete floor thing as Nick suggests - try this technique http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?t=4585&start=25 - scroll down the page.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

pwranta193

A quick snap of the decided upon solution... I'm going with some fairly large cobbles, made of Magi-Scuplt rolled out - the gravel is for surface and edge texturing. This is one of two batches currently drying, and once set, I'll break them apart and tumble them lightly with some sand and light gravel (somewhere I saw a homemade tumbler using a coffee can and a hand drill  ::)).  I'm going to attempt to paint them in the manner show on the stone wall site as Nick linked above... more to follow.

Oh - and I'll assign blame for this madness later  ;D
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

eTraxx

Insanity is much more fun when it's a group effort :/
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Frederic Testard

And it can go far beyond what everyone expected...
Frederic Testard

artizen

I have a knife like that one - found it in some long grass behind the house one day. Affectionately known as the blade of doom. Have had to hide it under the bed to stop my son from finding it and slashing himself accidently (he has this reputation you see).

Nice cobbles by the way!
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

pwranta193

So the new floor... I'm looking at a  base coating in variations of a warm medium grey.  When that is dry, the plan is brushing in hydrocal or plaster powder mixed with some darker pigments - and then misting to get some of the seams filled and more natural looking.  Any better ideas that nayone can come up with before before tomorrow evening's bench time would be appreciated :)

That's an old plastic handled steak knife... snagged from the camping spares box it just looks ominous ;D
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

marc_reusser

Have a look at this floor...note the broken/irregular pieces and randomization. Note also the worn soft/warm feel. Note how none of the adjacent edges/corners  stick up..

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

A bit more on Flooring:

M

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

Materials....

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

And other stuff....

M

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works