• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A 1918 Doane, Model HP, Low-Bed 6-Ton Truck in 1:16 scale

Started by Scratchman, December 14, 2007, 05:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Gordon this is some real serious modeling, its just keeps getting better I can't wait for the end product.  Truly a masterpiece in the making.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

You are one of the best modelers on the planet, young Gordon. -- Russ

RoughboyModelworks

"Old Trucks at the Hays Museum..."

Excellent group of photographs Scratchman ? thanks for posting the link.

Bill

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

Gordon &  Chuck

Two really interesting links. Thanks!

Jerry
George Carlin

RoughboyModelworks

Scratchman

Scratchman

I just added the radiator, hood, and cab to the top of the frame. I still need headlights and a stake rack on the opposite side of the toolbox. The roof is not glued on yet, so I can paint the canvas, and the stakes on the one photo are not glued in yet. They will be some of the last things glued on, because they break off the pocket too easily.

Gordon Birrell Scratchman
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

TRAINS1941

Gordon

Just an outstanding model.  The weathering it just doesn't get any better than this.  I just think the canvas roof is perfect can't wait to see it painted.  Is there an engine behind that radiator?  I don't remember if you said it would have one or not.

Jerry
George Carlin

Scratchman

Thanks Jerry
The only part of the engine that I modeled is the bottom part that is below the frame.
Gordon

finescalerr

That has to be one of the finest four wheel vehicle models anybody ever has constructed! IN-@%#$^-CREDIBLE!

Russ

RoughboyModelworks

lab-dad

Aww man, musta parked it in the wrong neighborhood!
Its up on blocks!
This continues to amaze me.
Gordon,
tell me about the radiator, please!
-Marty

Scratchman

Thanks guys

The radiator (If you look at the radiator over in the unfinished assemblies box, you can see how and what I used to build it) 
1-Start with a wood core and cover the face with brass wire screen. Paint the parts before gluing them together. I only glue up the sides where the  side channels will cover the screen.    Mask off the front using tape.
2-The sides are made out of a wood channel that goes over the core, screen and tape, along with some styrene shapes.
3-The flanges on the top and bottom are two layers of styrene with Grandt Line nut bolt castings (#128).
4-On top of the top flange is a wood carving with a filler tube and cap.
5-Paint and remove tape.
6-The brass screen is from Precision Scale Co. I will see tomorrow if it is still available.

Gordon