• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35-Scale Shopping Carts

Started by Ken Hamilton, March 09, 2011, 05:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

For the several people who asked if Wildhare Models would be producing any 1/35th stuff,
I'm doing a limited run of 1/35th-scale shopping carts to test the waters.  It's basically an
enlarged version of the 1/48th-scale artwork that will retain the line width of the smaller version,
so (hopefully) it'll look realistically delicate and in-scale.

If the interest is there and the carts look okay, I might do the same thing with the
soon-to-be-released O-scale ornate column and railing set.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated............
Thanks.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

the other Craig

I'll add one to my collection!

DaKra

Ken Hamilton

Quote from: DaKra on March 09, 2011, 06:25:16 PM
psst hey Ken... HO scale

(....I KNEW you were going to say that.....)
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com

Malachi Constant

Quote from: DaKra on March 09, 2011, 06:25:16 PM
psst hey Ken... HO scale

Well, aside from Dave being insane and stuff ... if you could make these workable in HO scale, those guys would have room for dozens of them in a single scene.  So, you could package singles, 3-packs, 6-packs, 12-packs, etc.

Meanwhile, thanks for humoring us "much more normal" 1/35 scale guys ... I'll send you a PM or email to get in on the deal.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

BKLN

Did I hear somebody say "HO-Scale"?
::)

Don Railton

Ken - I'm playing with 1/35 now.  I'll buy some.

Don

Bexley

HELLS YEAH. Is there a link for ordering yet? I'd like at least three, and I'll probably get a few more just to have on hand for future projects.

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Ken Hamilton

They're being cut right now and I should have them in a couple of weeks. 
After I get them it'll take a few extra days for me to get the new carts on the
Wildhare website,  but I'll post a link where you can order direct.
Thanks, guys.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com

marc_reusser

FWIW...I bought one from Ken....have just been too swamped with stuff to give it the comments and reviews it deserves...but in short...it is sooo very cool, and wonderful; extremely clean PE, great layout and design, and very wll executed...it looks like it will build up into one sweet detail piece (though truly a model in it's own right).

marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Junior

Quote from: marc_reusser on March 13, 2011, 03:33:34 AM
FWIW...I bought one from Ken....have just been too swamped with stuff to give it the comments and reviews it deserves...but in short...it is sooo very cool, and wonderful; extremely clean PE, great layout and design, and very wll executed...it looks like it will build up into one sweet detail piece (though truly a model in it's own right).

marc
Can only agree - I have the 1/48 version still not assembled but the parts look great and the instructions are also first class.

Anders ;D

eTraxx

The cart was reviewed on a French On30 blog

Ken, you might want to leave a comment! :)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ken Hamilton

Thanks for all the nice comments.  I'm anxious to see what you guys do with the kits.

Ed, thanks for the link to the other site.  Not knowing French, I hope they said nice things....
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com

eTraxx

Ken, Google Translate has it as ..

QuoteA shopping cart? why not!
Published on February 15, 2011 by alainc
Wildhare Models has just announced the release of an accessory that is not used to be on our networks ... 0n30. a beautiful basket.

For the record, the shopping carts were invented in the 1930s, so one can easily imagine that they could appear on a diorama.

Manufacturer's Description:

Our shopping cart at 1/48th, comprising 15 rooms, is the perfect detail to your network or diorama. The kit is made of brass .010 "and can be assembled using welding, epoxy or super glue.

The price is $ 7.95 each + shipping (not mentioned for Europe)

I want to see the welding .. haha
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"