• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Black Glue

Started by Hauk, March 17, 2011, 08:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Does anbody know about a carpenters glue that have a dark brown to black color after drying?

Have anyone tested the limits to how much color you can add to white glue before it starts to loose its strength?

Regards,
Howard
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

DaKra

Hide glue has a dark caramel brown color.  Its a traditional carpenter's glue.   

Dave

SandiaPaul

This is a WAG but I'd bet food coloring would work. You would need very little to dye the glue.

Paul
Paul

chester

Both Elmers and Tiebond offer a wood glue that is tinted for use with darker hardwoods. Both work well and the dried glue is a very dark brown. I tint white wood glue with food coloring often for modeling purposes but my experience sends a warning that depending on the amount of food coloring added, it may significantly degrade it's holding ability.

eTraxx

Micro-Mark has a Concentrated  Black Opaque Pigment" used to color epoxy, polyester and urethane resins. The description in their flyer says .. "Requires only 2 or 3 drops per ounce of resin for full color." .. if you can 'swipe' a bit from somewhere would be worth trying.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

ron knepp

Titebond III dries dark, it is also completely waterproof.
I use it a lot and it is my favorite.

Ron Knepp

lab-dad

i have added vallejo to regular carpenter's (elmer's) glue w/o any problems.
i have also tinted same with sawdust.
-marty