• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A question for the HO folks

Started by Bexley, April 16, 2011, 04:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bexley

I am in need of HO scale motorcycles, preferably with riders. Lots of them. Any era, any style. Unpainted is preferred, as they will be heavily modified. I have found a few (Woodland Scenics makes some, though they are painted, and expensive given that I need 30-40 of them. Preiser makes a few, but same deal.) Italeri's 1/72 German motorcycles work, as they are a bit undersized for 1/72, but I'd like some more variety. I tried a few other companies' 1/72 bikes, like Armourfast and HaT, only to discover that while the price is right, they look too large alongside HO scale autos.

I could spend hours looking for small manufacturers and garage kits, but I thought I'd ask here, since many of you probably already know of these small manufacturers, should any exist that make bikes.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

chester

Bexley

*sigh*

Silly me. It should have occurred to me that the topic had come up previously.

[EDIT] Or not. Plenty of links to (somewhat) reasonably priced models, but none with riders.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Ronald

The Dutch firm Artitec makes alo kits and ready-to-run models in !:87 of a Harley Liberator and a Triumph:

Ready-to-run: http://www.artitec.nl/index.php/nl/kant-en-klare-modellen/category/h0-militair

Kits: http://www.artitec.nl/index.php/nl/bouwpakketten/category/bouwpakketten-h0-militair

The difference is the price; 15 / 5 euro's. The kits are Resin.

Grtz, Ronald.

Ken Hamilton

How 'bout the Woodland Scenics bikers?
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Bexley

Quote from: Ken Hamilton on April 17, 2011, 11:25:36 AM
How 'bout the Woodland Scenics bikers?

Already covered in the first post. I might get a set for some variety, but they're spendy.

As for the others: no riders. I'm probably just going to go with the Italeri ones. At $2.50 apiece (a kit is $10 and has four bikes) with riders and sidecars, I doubt I will find anything better. I'll just have to do more conversion work than I'd like to get some variety.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

chester

There are some cast metal kits out there, one has a rider. That being the one from J.L. Innovative designs, inexpensive and you get two bikes to a package. Elskin is the other manufacturer. Faller has a kit too but it is pretty pricey.
Two more companies not mentioned that offer ready to roll Motorcycles are Busch and Herpa.
The Italeri kit makes a nice bike but I've seen them used with 1/87 scale and they do look quite large.

Bexley

They're not that out of scale. Not as much as Armourfast or HaT, at least. I am using them for a miniatures game, not a layout or diorama, so they really only need to be close. But since I need a lot of them, cost is a more important factor than accurate scale. Variety is nice, but when it gets down to it, $2.50 apiece is tough to top. I like the JL ones, and the price is good, but I didn't see any with riders in their catalog.

Anyway. Thanks for the help, everyone.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack