• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artizen

A work of art. Ingenious as well.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

fspg2

@Ray
I hope it will not be boring. I can make only small steps work-related.

@Ian
I like it to see growing up my own project. However there are a lot of different things I like to build... my old shed, my Gmeinder 10-12, my Bridge, ... But there is a little problem: 24 hours/day are not enough.

Hi,

the sprocket must be stabilized. For this, a reinforcing ring of 1mm brass was milled.

Münzel-Kran_120 (fspg2)

Münzel-Kran_121 (fspg2)

The vertical supports are inserted into small slots. They will be soldered with the sprocket and with the guide tube internally. Through this tube the electrical cables will conducted later.

Münzel-Kran_122 (fspg2)

Frithjof

finescalerr

fspg2

Today only a tiny little interim report:

Münzel-Kran_123 (fspg2)

The connection to the base of the crane house is run on an 8 mm guide tube. All the necessary cables should be conducted through.

Münzel-Kran_127 (fspg2)

Hamburger_Hafenkran_033 (fspg2)

All parts for the top duct were cut from 1mm brass sheet. The elongated holes in the base plate were made 0.5mm longer in order to get some play in the placement of the triangular supports. Furthermore the curves (radius = 0.25 mm) generated by the 0.5 mm cutter were filed with a small square file.

Münzel-Kran_124 (fspg2)

The 10/8mm guide tube (4.5 mm high) was soldered first, next came the small columns in pairs opposite one another. 2mm long soldering tin pieces (0.5 mm wire) were positioned at both sides of the triangular supports and brushed with soldering fluid. All parts were very tightly into each other. The hot flame let the solder flow into the cracks.

Münzel-Kran_128 (fspg2)

... scale of the picture about: 1:1 ...

Münzel-Kran_129 /b] (fspg2)

Frithjof

artizen

So pleased to see you updating on this forum as well as buntbahn. I struggle with my non-existent knowledge of German!

More exquisite detail work. This whole model is built like a Swiss watch.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
Brisbane, Australia

Ray Dunakin

Nice! I like how the triangular supports are keyed into the base plate for added strength.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

@Ian
Up to a Swiss clock there are still missing a lot of mechanics :)

@Ray
At the beginning there were a few deliberations but they helped me with a faster installation finally.

The transverse nickel silver sheets which will carry the circular track were cutted yesterday. For this I used my metal cutting machine.
The sloping top corners I profiled with a 2mm saw blade on my Böhler buzz saw. Because all corners should get the same angle, the right sheet was glued on as a stop with double sided tape on the mobile saw bench.

Münzel-Kran_130 (fspg2)

Münzel-Kran_131 (fspg2)

The 8mm center column was grooved with a 0.8 mm cutter every 90 degrees 0.2 mm deep.

Münzel-Kran_132 (fspg2)

As soldering jig a Pertinax board served again.

Münzel-Kran_133 (fspg2)

Münzel-Kran_134 (fspg2)

Loosely put together all parts you can already recognize the similarity with the drawing.

Münzel-Kran_135 (fspg2)

Frithjof

finescalerr

I am reeling in stunned disbelief. That is amazingly sophisticated! -- Russ

lab-dad

Those last few images are just simply amazing art!
Really beautiful mechanical masterpieces!
Will be a shame to cover them up!
-Marty

Chuck Doan

Russ and Marty have said it all for me! Spectacular fabrications.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

artizen

Ian Hodgkiss
Brisbane, Australia

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Thanks guys.

Next to the crane, there are still many, many more small sites  ;)

Thus, all turnouts should be added with a drive and a switch.

Weiche_Abzweig_1 (fspg2)

For the turnout switch two parts were been casted.

Feldbahn_Stellbock_DIN9939_01 (fspg2)

Gussbaum_Stellbock_001 (fspg2)

Gussbaum_Stellbock_002 (fspg2)

Frithjof

fspg2

For the turnout switch I need a small U-frame to connect the control rod with the adjustment weight.
A master pattern with subsequent casting would be too expensive.
So the router has to work a little bit longer.

Milled from 2mm sheet brass I got the required quantity of 16mm x  2mm x 2 mm profiles.

U-frame-2 (fspg2)

For milling the second beam I have designed a template in which the profiles are processed.

U-frame (fspg2)

Frithjof

Ray Dunakin

The animated gif is very helpful in showing how you did it.

Ray Dunakin's World