• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

as always a great series of photos of lovely work.
cheers kim

finescalerr

It is easy for us to see the perfection of your work but we usually forget to mention the intelligence and talent that goes into the planning, design, and jigs. I think all of us would agree your work is adequate. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

@ Bill, Kim, Russ, Ray   
You make me quite confuse, with so much praise - all this is no witching :-)

It goes on, but only a little für time reasons. 

I milled the wheel discs for the little trolleys and soldered it together.

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_13 (fspg2)

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_14 (fspg2)

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_15 (fspg2)

To smooth the running surface, I will build a small gauge from an 8.0mm aluminum or brass rod. Here it´s already drawn:

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_16 (fspg2)

To get equal shafts for the large trolley, I also milled a small gauge from 1.0mm brass sheet.
Deichsel_quer_bohren_07 (fspg2)

Deichsel_quer_bohren_08 (fspg2)

Deichsel_quer_bohren_09 (fspg2)

Deichsel_quer_bohren_10 (fspg2)

Frithjof

Gordon Ferguson

I always love seeing new posts on this thread , the ideas and execution of them is a wonder to behold .

In many ways I wish I had my time again to be able learn the skills and techniques demonstrated on every page so I hope you will forgive for posting this picture ........ It's only posted due my sense of humour and to demonstrate a completly opposite approach

It's plastic , it's made using only hand tools ......... Scalpel, dividers , sanding sticks, the only power tool used was an electric drill at the end just to do a final truing up ......... Overall dia 19mm / about 3/4 inch

Used this master to cast up copies in resin

Gordon

finescalerr

Satisfactory nonetheless. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Gordon, your skills and models are excellent. The choice of materials and tools take nothing from that.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Allan G

fspg2

Gordon, I´m enthused about your skills - it looks great :)

The shafts of the larger trolleys should be hard-soldered.
For this I had  put the prepared 1.5mm wires into the milled gauge and coated it with brazing paste from Bengs and placed everything on my ceramic soldering plate.
Micro flame on it ....the paste swelled a little, turned gray and gray ... but didn´t want to be silvery and connect themselves to the brass rods.
I suspected that my brass gauge took away too much heat - so a new jig was milled (with larger cutouts around the solder joints) ... with the same result.

Then the gauge was raised slightly .... lo and behold, now it worked as usual. So the solder plate had played a trick on me.

Alter_Transportwagen_26 (fspg2)

Also the same soldering jig served as a fence for the saw - here the tip was separated ....

Alter_Transportwagen_24 (fspg2)

... and the edge was rounded with an 1.5mm ball cutter.

Alter_Transportwagen_25 (fspg2)

The first old trolley is almost ready .... he must be grown old a little.

Alter_Transportwagen_27 (fspg2)

For the small trolley I had milled the steering roller holder -  made of 0.5 mm nickel silver.

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_17 (fspg2)

The other small bearings were milled – they are waiting for the assembly.

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_18 (fspg2)

Frithjof

eTraxx

Geeze. Watching the world class work in the thread is both wonderful and depressing ... ha.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Bill Gill

Frithjof, following along your construction by looking through your lens rather than over your shoulder is a very enjoyable and educational experience.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

"World class" is no exaggeration. (The same applies to a few others here.) -- Russ

nk

This is incredible stuff. WOW
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/