• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fspg2

Thanks to all  :)

Meanwhile, I have build a gauge to smooth the tread of the small wheels.
Just as here being planned, it worked:
From an 8.0 mm aluminum rod material was removed by turning to 7.0mm in the front region, an 0.8mm and a 2.5mm hole was centered recess drilled.
The 0.8mm hole was drilled with an 1.0mm tap.
Four 1.5mm holes at a distance of 2.3 mm (calculated from the middle) were drilled also. From hole to hole the rod was rotated 90 °.

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_19 (fspg2)

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_20 (fspg2)

Into two of the outer holes 1.5 mm brass pins are inserted. An 1.0mm screw fixed all centrally.
After that I was able to turn the outer surfaces.

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_21 (fspg2)

Alter_Transportwagen_klein_22 (fspg2)

Frithjof

finescalerr

Another adequate development. -- Russ

fspg2

The last few months, I didn´t handle on model building.
I had another construction site.
A new milling machine was purchased as a pre-assembled part set.
I had reported at the Buntbahn Forum about it. Post from 2017/07/06 click Please us Google translation, if you want.

Soon I will continue to build my models ☺
Frithjof

Ray Dunakin

Good to hear you will be resuming model work soon!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I was wondering where you were .... -- Russ

fspg2

At the moment I am using the milling-free time to draw what has remained lying around, so that the milling machine will soon get something to do again.
It has already passed a few days, where I had last worked on the old port crane. ( Contribution from 2012/08/06 )

From the boom of the old Münzel crane, unfortunately, I have only a few photos, which can only guess the rough dimensions.

Muenzel-Kran_051 (fspg2)

Münzel-Kran_Lauenburg (Copyright W.Hinsch-LEA)

Muenzelkran_Lbg_2k (fspg2)

Muenzel_Kran_LEA_03 (fspg2)

The search on the Web revealed a few images of old harbor cranes that revealed a few more details, e.g. hier. A wonderful archive of historical pictures!

So I'll try to construct the job as best I can.

Muenzel-Kran_136 (fspg2)

I borrowed the black background sketch in the above picture in the German eisenbahn magazin 82/3 and scaled it to 1: 22.5.

Muenzel-Kran_137 (fspg2)
Frithjof

1-32

hi Frithjof.
how are you I went through the photo reference on Hamburg I really enjoyed it cheers Kim.

Ray Dunakin

Nice. I like the look of that crane. It will make an interesting model.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Franck Tavernier

Hi Frithjof,

Crazy stuff!

What is the brand of lathe that you use? Proxxon?

Franck

Lawton Maner

Brilliant work as usual.

The photos on the site where you introduced the new milling machine need no translation.  They are very easy to follow and illustrate how you do things quite well.   

Can you please tell us who is the manufacturer of the new milling machine?

fspg2

@ Kim & @ Ray
Cranes have always been my favorite - especially the old ones

@Franck
My lathe came from this company: click

@Lawton
The manufacturer of the my new milling machine P1: EMS-Möderl

About 1 1/2 years ago I searched for large gears for the winch of the lifting bridge (post #314). 

Winde-21 (fspg2)

I got from Karl Heinz a reference to a Polish company that Cogwheels produces gears to order. Within a few days I had several neatly made small parts lying in front of me - and at a super price!

Winde_21 (fspg2)

The production of the large wheel with 43.43mm diameter has been postponed several times. First, no material was available in the required diameter, then the new machine, which should make the production was not set up ... on my last request, I got unfortunately no answer.
Then by chance I came to a 3D print of this gear, but in plastic.
It worked with the existing smaller brass gears. However, I was not sure how the plastic would endure a permanent load on the fairly small teeth. So the parts remained lying in the box once. ;) ;)

After my positive brass casting experience with Shapeways, I then dared - today came the highly polished part of the post.

In the comparison with the plastic part can be seen in the brass version of the gear tips slight rounding. I suspect that the hand polishing has broken the tips a bit.
Since the gears mesh well, I assume a safe operation on the finished winch.

Zahnrad_136-Zaehne_02 (fspg2)

Frithjof

Lawton Maner

Thanks for the link to the mill.
Another question.  Which CAD software do you use?

fspg2

Hi Lawton,
it´s Inventor®: please look here
Frithjof

fspg2

There are already so many construction sites here ...... so let's start another one now  ;)

My field railway tracks are also supposed to get gravel.

Steigung_14_06_08_1 (fspg2)

Of course, I can distribute the gravel between the rails with the tried and true method with a spoon and brush ....

Some time ago I found an image of a small hand-held gravel cart from the field railway museum Glossen (unfortunately I can not upload the prototype photo because I do not know the source anymore), it became imitated in 1: 22.5.

Feldbahn_Schotterwagen (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_01 (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_07 (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_08 (fspg2)

The funnel was drawn as an unrolling ...

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_09 (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_10 (fspg2)

... and created a milling file.

The material I used is 0.3mm nickel silver sheet.

Here the colored lines mean:
Red = V-groove cutter 0.1mm tip with 0.15mm depth - bending edge
Green = V-groove cutter 0.1mm tip with 0.4mm depth - 45 ° edge
Blue = 1.2mm cutter with 0.5mm depth - edge with 90 °

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_11 (fspg2)

Milling took 15 minutes - with two changes of milling cutter.

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_12 (fspg2)

In addition, small assembly jigs were milled out of 5.0mm Pertinax.

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_13 (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_14 (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_15 (fspg2)

Frithjof

finescalerr

I know I should be excited by the gravel car but, for some reason, the feldbahn tracks really got my attention. Please show more of the layout. -- Russ