• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Since you retired, the project has really taken off. Always inspiring to see.

Bernhard

fspg2

The most time-consuming part is not the soldering, but the rounding of the soldered wires on both sides.

The double bunker is soldered with 492 six to seven millimeter long pieces of 0.8mm MS58 wire cut at an angle. The bevel makes it easier to press the wire pins into the 0.8 mm holes in the gusset plates and L-profiles. As there are always four identical or mirrored diagonal braces, corresponding Pertinax templates are also helpful here.

Doppel-Bunker 24 (fspg2)

The downward-facing legs of the 2.5mm x 2.5mm L-profiles are inserted into the milled recesses. The 0.9mm holes are drilled 3.0mm deep to accommodate the wire pins.

Doppel-Bunker 25 (fspg2)

The four single and two double feet required for the eight vertical 5.0 mm x 5.0 mm L-profiles were milled from a leftover piece of UreolĀ®.

Doppel-Bunker 26 (fspg2)

In the following picture you can see the individual parts for the double bunker that have been completed so far.

Doppel-Bunker 27 (fspg2)

Actually, the two lower strut elements should already be soldered and the wire pins rounded on both sides...

Doppel-Bunker 23 (fspg2)

...as my stock of wire was running low, new ones were ordered. However, the ten meters of the 0.8mm wire I ordered were in the package as a 0.5mm version.
So we'll have to wait a little longer for the replacement delivery to arrive.
Frithjof

finescalerr

Adequately inspirational. -- Russ

Bernhard

I absolutely agree with Russ on that.

Bernhard