• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

The little turntable got a bed today.
To do this, several layers of 1.0mm aircraft plywood were glued together so that a 2.0mm deepening was created in the central axis.
The water can then run off in the middle, should it rain. :)

Drehschiebebuehne_144 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_145 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_146 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_147 (fspg2)

Frithjof

finescalerr

Lawton Maner

Hauk

The audience is watching in awe.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Sometimes it's the little things that take a little more time ...

For the locking blocks the wheels on the turntable, I needed about 2.5 hours for drawing, creating the three milling files, milling out and soldering the individual parts.

First a 2.7mm wide U-profile with a wall thickness of 0.34mm was milled from a 4.0mm brass plate. Thereby it received a 0.6mm recess for inserting the middle plate.
The 1.5mm thick insert plate received a lateral recess of 0.2mm on the back. On the top, 0.9mm was milled off on both sides.

Drehschiebebuehne_148 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_149 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_150 (fspg2)

Both parts were soldered together in a correspondingly milled groove, placed tightly in an HPL panel and glued with a crepe adhesive strip.

Drehschiebebuehne_151 (fspg2)

Those parts were strung on a thin wire and sandblasted.

Drehschiebebuehne_152 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_154 (fspg2)

The turntable is slowly being equipped with the individual parts ...

Drehschiebebuehne_153 (fspg2)
Frithjof

finescalerr

I wish the world were as perfect as your models. -- Russ

fspg2

@Russ
With a model, I can be "king" and certainly make the world a little more "perfect" for me  ;)

I sketched the drilling of the 0.5mm hole in the base body on February 12, 2021: click
After the hole was drilled, the protruding sides of the base plate were cut off on the sheet metal cutting machine and the sides smoothed on 400 grit sandpaper. After sandblasting it could be installed.

Drehschiebebuehne_155 (fspg2)

The rivet will be replaced by a hexagon screw.

Drehschiebebuehne_156 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_157 (fspg2)

Actually, a few more parts should be milled out ... just a minute ... but unfortunately things went much slower - Win suddenly had problems with the WiFi on the milling computer - Grrrr!
Now I have reset the last update and restarted the computer, now it seems to work ... let's see how long!
Frithjof

finescalerr

Has anybody noticed how more and more things depend on wi-fi and the Internet ... but both the Internet and wi-fi are only semi-reliable? If they go down, they leave us absolutely helpless. I love high-tech stuff but really dislike the direction the computer and software industries are going. -- Russ

WP Rayner

Frithof, I always enjoy seeing your work, never fail to learn something from your working method. Outstanding work.

Quote from: finescalerr on October 19, 2021, 12:52:39 PM
Has anybody noticed how more and more things depend on wi-fi and the Internet ... but both the Internet and wi-fi are only semi-reliable? If they go down, they leave us absolutely helpless. I love high-tech stuff but really dislike the direction the computer and software industries are going. -- Russ

Agreed Russ... there is far too much co-dependence, risk of failure, and exposure to potential corruption/hacking. I suspect in the not-too-distant future that even operating systems will be dependent upon active internet connections to function either in whole or in part.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Bernhard

A lot of work for these beautiful little parts! When I hear about your computer problems I am again quite happy with my manual milling machine.

Bernhard

1-32

Hi Frithjof.
As usual great, I have always liked how your models work with visible mechanical components in miniature.
cheers

fspg2

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for your statements!

There are always two sides - advantages and disadvantages: with or without a computer, with CNC or hand milling machines., ...
Even though I now mill a lot of things with the CNC, small parts are also cranked by hand.

"You can see better with the second!" or if you look twice, you discover something that was overlooked the first time.

So when I compared it with a prototype photo, I suddenly saw that the two guides for locking the wheels on the model seemed a bit too bulky and a small part was missing (see red arrow).

Drehschiebebuehne_158 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_159 (fspg2)

Drehschiebebuehne_160 (fspg2)

All parts were redrawn and milled - mostly a few more than needed ... sometimes something so small disappears.

Drehschiebebuehne_161 (fspg2)

All square edges are shortened at one end before the final assembly. There were two retaining bars there, because otherwise the small brass squares would have been damaged during milling.

Drehschiebebuehne_162 (fspg2)

For comparison: on the left the first guides (inside 2.0mm x 2.0mm) - on the right the new ones with an inside dimension of 1.5mm x 1.5mm.
Frithjof