• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 scale Sandwich Shop ... already in progress

Started by Malachi Constant, April 29, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Dallas good to see you back at this project.

Looks great especially that grime & grease stopper!!!

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Franck Tavernier

Yeah, I found crazier than Chuck and Mark!

Dallas fantastic job!

Franck

finescalerr

Malachi Constant

Quote from: finescalerr on March 24, 2013, 12:15:05 PM
Don't stop now! -- Russ

Okay!  We'll see if I can get it rigged up for mounting with some trim tonight ... meanwhile, here's a quickie photo that adds a foreground "object" and pushes the backsplash back a bit ... though, of course, we're still gonna look right at that since it's the "subject" for the moment.  :P

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

Geez I had to clear a lot of dust and cobwebs from this topic! Definitely good to see you back at it.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

When we last left off ... long, long ago ... the backsplash had a black wash over the "duller" side of aluminum foil ... which looked okay ... but was a nightmare for photography ... if the lighting & camera angle wasn't just right, it would go totally dark or glare terribly ...

So, I finally got around to re-painting that ... variety of Reaper metallics, grays and Vallejo Grease & Oil for a transparent black to give (hopefully) just enough shadow to define the embossing.

And then, with the wider backsplash, the hood from the Verlinden kitchen set seemed like an odd mis-match ...

A perusal of ye olde folder full of reference photos provided a neat design from a 1919 photo, which also features an old stove that appears to have been retro-fitted to burn gas ...

The shape of the new hood was made as shown here:
http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=2184.msg42785#msg42785

Dave at www.VectorCut.com makes some HO scale window fans that happen to be just the right size for venting a 1/35 stove ... so once those arrive, we'll set about the final detailing and "actual" mounting of the thing ... meanwhile, a wonky crooked goofy looking preview of things to come thru the miracle of poster tack!  ;D

Cheers,
Dallas

Ray Dunakin

Nice! I really like all the gas piping on the front of the stove.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

marc_reusser

This thread is like the living dead!.....an I thought I dragge projects out!  ;D ;D ;D

Nice to see you working on this...once again.  I too really like the addition of the gas piping around the front of the stove. Very real-world datail, and something I have not seen modeled before.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on July 16, 2013, 04:15:27 PM
Nice! I really like all the gas piping on the front of the stove.

Thanks, guys!  I really liked the old coal- or wood-fired stove from the Verlinden kitchen set, but it seemed like it needed to be "modernized" a bit!  ;D  So, I added the piping -- inspired by a variety of photos like the ones below -- and re-did the top with gas burners and a griddle for making chee-buggers!  8)

Quote from: marc_reusser on July 17, 2013, 03:22:31 PM
This thread is like the living dead!.....and I thought I dragged projects out!  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, it started out with the intention of doing a little "quick & dirty" backdrop project, but that just didn't float my boat ... so I started getting into it ... and then started getting into every stupid little detail like piping the stupid little stove and all that ... and it's a kick ... and a dang slow boat!  

And there's still coffee grinders and cutting boards and sandwich fixins and all kinda nutty little details left to do ...and a fridge to be scratchbuilt and ... egads ...

Suppose it'll just keep going until I get too old, too blind ... or ... heaven forfend ... finish!  

Who knows?  It could happen ...  ::)  :P  8)

Cheers,
Dallas

Malachi Constant

When you really need to vent ... you need Ventilux!   ;D

Cheers,
Dallas

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Design-HSB

great and deep pull everything without vacuum
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Very nice! Is that raised lettering? Hard to tell from the pic.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World